Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is necessarily the right place to post, but it has to do with motorcycling, so here goes...

What's the best place for motorcyclists to eat in your town or general vicinity? It doesn't have to be motorcycle specific like a biker bar, but bonus points if it has MC specific parking. Good food is a must, and it should have access to good ride routes. Bonus points if it's still good even if you have to travel by car. Help spread the word about your local small businesses!

A few I like off the top of my head:

1. Yianni's Gyros Place - near Colfax and Miller in Lakewood, CO. Great cheap eats - gyros of course, but other Greek foods, Italian, American. A quick run from a few dealerships and motorcycle stores. Ample parking in the back. Good area to stop by if you need to grab various accessories, and it's right there near major routes - Lariat Loop Scenic Byway, Highway 6 towards Clear Creek Canyon, and more.

2. Smokin Yards BBQ - on Colorado Blvd in Idaho Springs, CO. Right off I-70, exit 241. If you like BBQ, this is a must. Great meats. It's usually crowded, be courteous and try to park multiple bikes in one spot. Free boiled peanuts with your order. Easy access to Peak to Peak Highway, Mt. Evans and Central City Parkway.

3. Mountain Buzz Pizzeria - Georgetown, CO. It's a tiny little coffee house/pizza place, limited seating, but they make great pizza. Takes a while because it's all handmade to order, but it's worth it. Right there at the north end of the Guanella Pass Scenic Byway.

4. Wildflower Cafe - right near junction of H73 and H74 in Evergreen, CO. Tiny little breakfast spot, so it gets crowded, but they have great skillets, and there is motorcycle parking nearby. A large group probably couldn't get in, but one or two riders, you're good to go.

5. Willy's Wings - Morrison CO. I stopped there after a ride and found it delicious. Parking is reserved only for customers, so it's not hard to find parking. You can easily start or end there, and get to Highway 285 towards Conifer, or up Highway 74 to Evergreen.

What do you like in your AO? Or even good places you've been to out of your hometown.

·
Biker
1,620 Posts
Quaker Steak & Lube and BiffBurgers 49 street in St.Pete and S. Clearwater.

Very good burgers and fries, onion rings an yes even deserts ! usually have some pretty good music on week-ends
and large screen t.v.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Fast Eddie's in Alton, IL - motorcycle only parking, and great brats and burgers.

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,918 Posts
The Diner in High Springs, FL Wednesday Mornings 8 AM Breakfast .. Bike Night Every Third Tuesday of the Month 6-9 PM ..

Attachments

·
On The Road Again!
4,184 Posts
Until the end of August, The Chatterbox, a 60's themed restaurant, WAS the place to go on Thursday nights, for Bike Night.
But since they've closed their doors forever, we are now trying to get Bike Night moved to the Jumboland Diner near Culver Lake N.J.
Since it's so late in the season, it will probably be next summer before things really get moving up there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cascade Burger: Right on Hwy 20. Cascade mountain loop. Burgers, fries, shakes.

Annie’s Pizza: Hwy 20. You guessed it.......pizza.

Birdsview Brewery: Hwy 20. Good pub grub and they brew their own suds.

Buffalo Run: Hwy 20, Marblemount. Not only buffalo burgers, but you can get a camel burger as well.

Pretty popular stops for bikers doing the Cascade Loop in Washington.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Where do bikers eat? Wherever the hell they want! ;)

Up here there are a few favourite hangouts (aside from bars), most of them really GOOD burger/fry joints with good parking.

·
Moderator - Loves All Motorcycles
1,251 Posts
Bars...all the bars! Want to know where there's good food, good drinks, and some good conversation? Look for nice cars or nice bikes in the parking lot.

·
2009 Ninja 500r
1,499 Posts
Still looking around Elwood area but so far I like "The Tin Plate"

In Misouri I like "The Bixby Country Store" the best. But there is a Wings place in Hannible that was fun too, I am wanting to say it was just called "Wings" for some reason

In Colorado I like going to Estes, "Oscar Blues"

In Blaine WA I liked "The Beach at Birch Bay"

In Texas believe it or not I liked going to "Louisiana Nights show girls" and "Billy Bob's Texas" as Ms M says Bar food there.

In Illinois there was a bike thing happening in Marshall off I-70 just before Indiana line and there was an excellent Steakhouse there behind a marathon station that was excellent, name escapes me.

·
On The Road Again!
4,184 Posts
Bars...all the bars! Want to know where there's good food, good drinks, and some good conversation? Look for nice cars or nice bikes in the parking lot.
I rarely drink, and I don't like dealing with drunks.
No bars for me.
I think that the main reason the Chatterbox had such a successful bike night
for so many years is that there was no booze there.
In all the years I went there, I never remember the cops showing up
there, not even once!
The trouble makers didn't come there because they couldn't get
booze there.
Imagine that, HUNDREDS of bikers show up and there is NO TROUBLE!

·
Premium Member
9,826 Posts
Still looking around Elwood area but so far I like "The Tin Plate"

In Blaine WA I liked "The Beach at Birch Bay"

/QUOTE]

In Blaine there is a new Dairy Store that has good ice cream.
We often go to several places across the bay in White Rock. Blues night and beer Thursdays. Sunday breakfast. And up the street a bit pizza and beer on Friday nights.

UK

·
American Legion Rider
25,876 Posts
Guess I run around with some sketchy guys. Seen more Dairy Queens than anything else after a PGR or Legion Rider mission. There really isn't a "go to place" around here except for DQ. At least they aren't bar hoppers.

·
Driftless Rider
1,554 Posts
Lacrosse, WI- Nutbush Bar and Grill (very popular meeting place for biker breakfast before a day trip. Huge Omelets and great biscuits and gravy)

Prairie du Chien, WI- Ft. Mulligan's (just off the GRR, always bikes in the parking lot)

Pepin, WI- Garden Bar and Grill (open air pub-n-grub right on the GRR,with a steak sandwich that will change your zip code.)
If The Garden is packed, go down the street to The Pickle Factory. (another open air place right along the Mighty Miss.)

DeSoto, WI- The Great River Roadhouse (despite the rather sketchy gravel parking lot entrance, this place is always packed with riders getting their noms. Great pizza and locally sourced fish)

And for sweet tooth satisfiers

Hood Scoops, in Stoddard, WI
Skinny Dips, in Lansing, IA

Nelson Creamery, in Nelson, WI
If the weather is nice on a weekend day, be prepared to stand in line. But don't fret, there will be plenty of cool cars and nice scoots to ogle and other enthusiast to shoot the breeze.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Same places everyone else does?

I have owned motorcycles off and on, mostly on, but with some gaps all of my life going back to childhood. In 1979 my new wife and I bought a Honda CX550D in Tulsa, Oklahoma. On long weekends we would ride over to the Ozarks and tour about. There were signs commonly on hotels, eateries, restaurants and many establishments, NO MOTORCYCLES ALLOWED. Things have changed and now I am sure those same places cater to the motorcycle crowd. So back then, we ate wherever we could.

Why you ask, biker gangs and the negative association, even though we were clearly two college kids on a Honda.

3C

·
Registered
194 Posts
Some of the bigger names in the LA area include The Rock Store on Mulholland, Neptune's Net on PCH (Pacific Coast Hwy) near the LA-Ventura county line in Malibu, and Newcomb's Ranch on Angeles Crest Hwy (aka Hwy 2) above La Canada.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Discovered another gem next door to my local Triumph/BMW dealer, Danny's Carnation, off 14th and Wadsworth in Lakewood, CO. Little diner that's been here since the 80's.

Good place to stop off if you're waiting on bike service. Great prices, excellent service, delicious food.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
501 Posts
We sometimes ride to the Local Taco here in Huntsville, Alabama. It is in a shopping center with Whole Foods and has covered parking. The Nashville Chicken taco is my favorite, but we have tried them all and you cannot go wrong.

There are sometimes bikes at the Whole Foods, perhaps because they allow the motorcycles to park in the shady area right by the store. We met the rider of a super Yamaha MT-10 (what a bike!), and a rider with an older import cruiser. Both were really nice people with interesting stories to tell.

Haven't seen much in the way of motorcyclist-preferred restaurants in the area, but maybe someone else knows more about that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts