Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember when you could go into any shucks or napa or even a Ben Franklin, and buy all the neatest gizmos for your bike for a few bucks..

Now they want 20 for a cheap chinese import that probably doesn't work.

Man I wanted a compass that could take the punishment, no such luck.

so what is a low life down on his luck broke biker supposed to do?

Like they used to say " why don't you try Oreillys?" now they say, we don't know

·
Registered
518 Posts
Dick's, REI, Gander Mountain. Cabela's sometimes has deals in the bargain cave. Try those for a compass. Amazon is an online option.

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
The Military Lensatic compasses are a great buy! I get that you may want to mount it on your bike, (and I suppose you COULD do that with a Lensatic and some really good glue) but the less you have to "play" with while you are riding, the safer you will be.

Stop, take the compass out, check your direction, put the compass away, and off you go!!

-Soupy

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what about cigarette lighter stuff....?\

cupey dolls that light up, dirty naked freaks, and map lights>

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,799 Posts
Back in the sixties and seventies I tried several different auto compasses and not a single one was very accurate. I don't know how the ones with the readout in the vehicle mirrors work but they seem to be pretty accurate. Which leads me to think... do the new touring bikes have compasses built in now?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Digital CumpI in state of the art GPS with a sexy voice huh....
what happened to my cheap gizmos!

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,799 Posts
what happened to my cheap gizmos!
I'm with ya there. I wanted a clock on my bike and although cheap handlebar clocks are available, most are China made so I'm machining a handlebar mount for my eight day wind up aircraft clock.

(When I sold my airplane the buyer put a new instrument panel in it so he gave me the clock back as a keepsake.)

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you must get tired flapping your arms all the time when your not riding....

no giz... wow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts