Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...while riding? I don't see many riders smoking on the road, but for those that do like a good cigar while putting down the highway, what is your favorite smoke ? I keep a box of Acid kuba-kuba's around just for those days when I've got an hour or longer ride I'm fixing to make. Adds a tad more enjoyment to the ride.

·
Eating GSXRs, Sh***ing CBRs
1,895 Posts
I switched to ecigs about 2.5 years ago, but when I smoked cigarettes, I seemed to be unable to smoke and ride. For some reason, they made me lose all coordination.

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
I stopped smoking a few years ago, but stopped smoking cigars while riding many years before that.

(Hot ash blowing back in your face and getting stuck behind your shades kinda sucks.)

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
And if you have a buddy riding behind you they may not like you anymore. Those hot ashes hurt!!!

·
American Legion Rider
23,690 Posts
I was a pipe smoker. Even more difficult to pack one and light up at 70mph.:D But at rest stops it was great. Took the place of beer until I stopped for the day.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I stopped smoking a few years ago, but stopped smoking cigars while riding many years before that.

(Hot ash blowing back in your face and getting stuck behind your shades kinda sucks.)
^^^^^^^^^^+1
Pretty much the same here, many years ago when riding with a "fairing" I could kinda sorta get away with it but it soon became obvious ( at least to me ) that the hot ashe and the distraction wasn't good for me. Of course this is from a guy who still loves old Flathead Fords! LOL
To each his ( or her ) own:icon_cool:
Regards
Ed

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have never smoked cigarettes but have enjoyed a box or two a year of good cigars for a long time - not many.

I'm always behind a windshield so rarely have that happen.

And if you have a buddy riding behind you they may not like you anymore. Those hot ashes hurt!!!
Maybe because of the windscreen, but Rachel rarely knows when Im puffing on a cigar. She also wears a FF helmet.

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Years ago, when I was "into" cigars (I did a pipe for good while as well), I used to like the rather inexpensive "Farnum Drive Lights" for their broad leaf wrapper and nice aroma.

-Soupy

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was a pipe smoker. Even more difficult to pack one and light up at 70mph.:D But at rest stops it was great. Took the place of beer until I stopped for the day.
mmmmm, English Walnut was always my favorite pipe smoke, bought a bunch of that years ago. Perfect for the rest stops. Never attempted smoking a pipe while riding though.

Years ago, when I was "into" cigars (I did a pipe for good while as well), I used to like the rather inexpensive "Farnum Drive Lights" for their broad leaf wrapper and nice aroma.
-Soupy
Never heard of em'. Must be machine rolled, not real cigars IMO....

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think bubba was smoking crack cocaine, just dipping the cigars.:biggrin:

·
The 43rd Poser
440 Posts
I like a Man O'War... Ruination or Virtue, or a good Acid... or Tabak.

Nubs are pretty good too, when not on the bike, they make a hell of an ash.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I like a Man O'War... Ruination or Virtue, or a good Acid... or Tabak.

Nubs are pretty good too, when not on the bike, they make a hell of an ash.
All good smokes Safetyman. I also like Rocky Patel Java.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts