Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
American Legion Rider
18,577 Posts
Heck, you won't even know mine. The Ventures and Swamp Rock. But I like anything the Ventures did. Best instrumental band for decades. I don't much care for the way most murder the human instrument.

·
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye
8,668 Posts
Heck, you won't even know mine. The Ventures and Swamp Rock. But I like anything the Ventures did. Best instrumental band for decades. I don't much care for the way most murder the human instrument.

The last time I had a "Favorite band" it was "The Cars". Nowadays I like so much different stuff, I can't say I have a favorite.
The lead guitarist of the Cars (Elliot Easton) has a surf type music band called "The Tiki Gods". They play a bunch of The Ventures stuff, plus they have some original music.

You might actually like them.

·
8,668 Posts
My musical tastes, go from....

to

With some of this in between.....

^^^^^^^^^^ You might actually like this HC:icon_cool:

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
I'm gonna show my age here...

Steppenwolf
Born to be Wild, Magic Carpet Ride and almost every other song they did.

·
8,668 Posts
I'm gonna show my age here...

Steppenwolf
Born to be Wild, Magic Carpet Ride and almost every other song they did.
I posted "Tears of a Clown" , which actually came out a year or so before Born to be wild, so you're not alone. ;)

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Yep, I liked that one too! Smokey Robinson did a great job.
I still have all of Steppenwolf's CD's and play them very often.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Yeah. Too broad a spectrum here, too.

Some of my favorites are:
Led Zeppelin
Credence Clearwater Revival
Willie Nelson
Mazzy Star
Black Sabbath
The Sword
Clutch
Red Fang
Lacuna Coil
Apocalypitica
Patsy Cline
Beck
Reel Big Fish
Offspring
Rancid

And on and on...

·
Gone.
17,873 Posts
Asking what's my favorite band is about like asking what's my favorite type of food: I can only answer for the moment you're asking.

I tend towards what I guess you'd call harder metal, but I really do like a lot of different stuff at different times. Tonight when we were working out it was the Gypsy Kings and a little Ishtar Alabina.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDhmKrW4F6Y

·
A legend in his own mind
2,599 Posts
Um...yeah. My listening taste is very eclectic, I like a little of almost everything but not all of anything. My playlist can go from Megadeath one song to Glen Miller the next. I can't get into screamo or death metal.

C

·
0 Posts
I am like Eye on this subject. The only difference being I also like ambient music. I can't really pick a favorite group or even a favorite song.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Man I'm still a huge Life of Agony fan it just sucks they had such a short run. Just knowing how messed up that guy's head was and knowing every song was about the demons he was fighting and ultimately loss to I think makes them one of the most underrated band ever. I mean the singer had a sex change, changed his name to Mina and started singing folk music.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts