Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the dealership last year buying oil for an oil change, and saw one of those little junk doo-dads next to the register. It was a keychain canister built to hold a pair of earplugs. It turns out it was an exceedingly wise purchase, as I never seem to remember to put in earplugs before starting a long ride.

·
Driftless Rider
1,540 Posts
Not motorcycle centric. But, on a whim, I bought a Leatherman pocket knife with a half serrated blade, straight and Phillips screwdriver, and a bottle opener.
I think I must use that thing at least 10 times a day....and not just the beer bottle opener part.:biggrin:

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
Tumeric capsules, they actually work for reducing pain and stiffness due to herniated disc, arthritis, etc.

A friend recommended them to us. We were very skeptical but thought it worth a try. Within a week we were both feeling less stiffness and pain in our joints.

·
Registered
323 Posts
For the bike. I bought an automatic garage door opener that works off of flicking your lights to bright and back. As I role up the door opens. It doesn't interfere with your standard opener. Rather you replace the little button opener in the garage with the new one so it is like someone was pushing the button for you thus leaving the standard opener in the grage door mechanics intact.

·
Gone
23,907 Posts
For the bike. I bought an automatic garage door opener that works off of flicking your lights to bright and back. As I role up the door opens. It doesn't interfere with your standard opener. Rather you replace the little button opener in the garage with the new one so it is like someone was pushing the button for you thus leaving the standard opener in the grage door mechanics intact.
Wouldn't that make the garage easy to open for anyone?

·
Charlie Tango Xray
768 Posts
This is a handy dandy bicycle tool. It has everything you'd ever need to tighten anything on a modern day bicycle. It also fits most of the fittings on my buddy's motorcycle accessories that he installed himself, never using thread lock. :mad:

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Not a total surprise, but the Clearview windscreen I bought to replace the stock quick-remove Triumph Roadster screen has been one of the most signficant changes I have made to my bike. The difference in the reduction of wind noise has been amazing. One of my helmets, in fact my newest one, is a Shoei Quest helmet that I bought a couple of years ago. I bought it specifically because the reviews I read said it was a particularly quiet full face helmet. With my old windscreen this helmet was unusable unless I kept the visor fully closed. In any other position the wind noise was so loud that I could not focus on my riding. With the newer windscreen, the Quest is now not only usable but has proved to be an especially quiet helmet to wear, regardless of how I position the visor.

So while I expected the Clearview screen to make a positive difference, based upon my past use of Clearview screens, I was surprised with how much of a positive difference it has actually made.

·
On The Road Again!
3,826 Posts

·
8,572 Posts
My Kindle Fire:biggrin:

Any "Tail bag" combo, to carry all of the stuff you guys mentioned.:wink:

Sam:coffeescreen:

·
Registered
809 Posts
I bought some of these at your suggestion - they just arrived and I haven't had a chance to check them out yet. Any tips/pointers on their use?

These! Worth their weight in gold. I had both bikes out this weekend with temps in the forties. Rode for hours with NO GLOVES!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Installing Renthal Ultra Low handlebars were a godsend to my wrists big time, better control and removed all the vibration my stock set of handlebars had. I can stay out a lot longer on it now.

·
Registered
37 Posts
A wrench that handles 2 drain bolt sizes and the oil filter.
I should wear it around my neck like a talisman. It's pretty cool looking, sort of god-like.

Also that 9 lcd flashlight with the magnetic base that's the big thing on Amazon now.

·
On The Road Again!
3,826 Posts
I bought some of these at your suggestion - they just arrived and I haven't had a chance to check them out yet. Any tips/pointers on their use?
Not much. They just work. One thing I did to mine.....
The fuzzy inner lining was pulling in and getting tangled around my fingers
from using the control levers. So I took a needle and thread and sewed
the liner into the corner where the protector makes the 90 degree bend
at the tip of the control levers. Simple fix.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Not sure if it's the most useful, but it's been used a lot.
In the mid 80'sI bought a hook sharpener. Pen sized, just a small rod. I've carried that 30 years offshore with me to sharpen my knife.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts