Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the site here. Tho I've ridden and grown up on home made mini bikes up to current machines, with a 82 ft500 thumper I take out e very year for a few rides. I have these two machines I've claimed from my parents farm after they passed away. I'm looking to part with. They would make a fun restoration of which I had planned. However i can not take on more wishful thinking at this point in my life. Looking for some info on a fair market value. Both machines were stored inside the barn for last 30+years. They both kick over just fine and seem to have good compression still. Never put a gague on them tho.
Thoughts appreciated and Thank you.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Snow Automotive fuel system

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Wheel Snow Automotive parking light Vehicle

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Wholesale hundreds of dollars,
retail with ownership papers close to a couple thousand dollars each
or - fixed up nice complete with road certification, about 5 times the original purchase price seems to be typical, or very close to the cost of a brand new modern motorcycle in the same class.

... the 90 looks like it would need a lot of work and if you can't find the missing pieces that would hurt the value considerably.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trails, thank you for the advice. No plans to try to start either of them. Doubtful I have any papers or title for them. My mom probably bought them for us kids 30+ years ago most likely at consignment auctions. I'm sure thers plenty of tinkering with (Carbs, electrical, tanks) and who knows what else before any attempt should be made. Honestly looking to part with them as is. So when you say hundreds as is meaning like $300 ?

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
.... So when you say hundreds as is meaning like $300 ?
Yes to wholesale value being in the range of around 300 to 500 is the most my local motorcycle wrecker would pay for something like that as they sit and he'd be paying in canadian dollars. The 90cc probably list priced for close to that when it was new, but being a street only type bike it would be a harder sell, whereas the dirt bike can still find use off road.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes to wholesale value being in the range of around 300 to 500 is the most my local motorcycle wrecker would pay for something like that as they sit and he'd be paying in canadian dollars. The 90cc probably list priced for close to that when it was new, but being a street only type bike it would be a harder sell, whereas the dirt bike can still find use off road.
Thank you. I'll go with middle of the road and find a place to list them in that range.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I knew a kid down the street in the 70s who had a Kawasaki 90 exactly like that one. He said it did 70 so he spent hours riding highways on it. I guess he didn't stay on top of maintenance because he seized it one hot summer day & got a Yamaha RD350.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.