Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is it and what does it do? This is a 2012 Hyosung GT 250. I've looked thru the manual and many diagrams and can not figure it out. My bike has been stalking when coming back into second gear. We cracked this bad boy open and it was all rusty and broke.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, it's a fuel Inj bike. Would that cause the stalling?? Inside is a very thin piece of metal. Thin like a piece of paper that was rusted thru and broke.

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
Follow the two hoses and see where they go. That would give you a better idea of what it actually is.

I'm saying "fuel pump" because it looks like one. I don't work on those types of bikes, so I don't actually KNOW what it is.

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've been thru that manual a thousand times trying to figure it out lol. I appreciate your help!! Wish it was so much easier. But there is no motorcycle shop within 200 miles to look at it. Sucky

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,359 Posts
If it is rusted thru you should probably replace it

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There a blinking system that u count the blinks n that tells u what could be wrong I guess, but the blinks go to really high n then pause but there's nothing for that many. I live in Sparta, michigan. I've tried calling the hyosung distribution but I keep getting nothing, only one time o have been able to actually talk to some one. I got is name n number and now I can't get thru. So frusteratinng

·
American Legion Rider
23,631 Posts
Is it possible that's a diaphragm for a vacuum fuel pump? Can't really tell from the pics unfortunately.

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
There a blinking system that u count the blinks n that tells u what could be wrong I guess, but the blinks go to really high n then pause but there's nothing for that many. I live in Sparta, michigan. I've tried calling the hyosung distribution but I keep getting nothing, only one time o have been able to actually talk to some one. I got is name n number and now I can't get thru. So frusteratinng
One code can have as many as 18 blinks. If you count the blinks and pauses, and look at the manual, it will tell you which EFI sensor or device is not functioning properly or communicating with the ECM.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts