Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it would be interesting, for those who would like to participate, to share with everyone how you came up with the nickname you chose for this site. There are some very creative ones...l have to say that my favorite one is cmonSTART, as it provides a great visual of a place we have all been, where we are desperately trying to get that sumbitch to fire up ;)

Mine comes from my lifetime love of the Seattle Seahawks, which l have been accused of being addicted to. It also goes a little bit deeper; as some of you know, l am a recovering alcoholic and tend to go overboard on just about everything if l don't keep a good eye on it.

So tell the story behind your nickname...this could really be fun! It is also a topic where l think we might be able to avoid getting into it with Wadenelson ;)

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Back in my stoner years I had a car that just had no balls whatsoever to begin with and then I was having mechanical problems, drove into Joes doing about 5 miles per hour. He started calling me Zippy ever since then. Then came the song zippitty do dah zippitty day.....

·
Pegasus trapped in a human body on a motorcycle
9,208 Posts
The story behind my name (and my avatar as well)

I am certain a good number of you might remember back when I went by the name "animedevildog" I had that name from when I was a staffer at an anime convention. The devildog part comes from having served in the Marine Corps.

Well, a few years ago, one of my fellow anime fans started sharing a bunch of stuff on FB that had to do with little pastel colored horsies that talk, fly, and do magical sh*t. Welp... did not take long for me to take a closer look, and they had me assimilated like a Starship Captain lol (a cookie to those who get that reference)

I joined a MLP fanfic writing site, and picked a name... Well, I had this image that seemed to fit perfectly; the pegasus in my avatar is the fastest flyer in the show, her personality and sense of loyalty matches me well, and in that image, she is on a motorcycle. So, the perfect name for me, to match that picture, was Biker Dash.

Whereas I am becoming kinda infamous within the fandom, and pretty well known, I decided that I shall be using that name, even outside the fandom. So, I changed my name from what it was previously, and by doing that, I have officially made this forum 20% cooler! XD (I know CDRW will know the reference, but can anyone else figure it out?)

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
I got the Goliath part years ago being 6'2'' and weighing in between 350 and 400 lbs....the 616 came about when I first got online (back when AOHell was still going) and the name Goliath was taken, so I used the number of the truck I was driving at the time, it was an old 1980 GMC General 350 cummins turned up to 400 hp 9 speed with 4.11 gears (we delivered concrete boxes, storm drains, to new construction sites and drove off street quite often) and thus Goliath616 was born...even though I don't drive that truck anymore (and haven't since the late 90's) I stuck with it

·
American Legion Rider
23,605 Posts
Haven't we done this not too long ago??? The gang hung mine on me. They know I'm a rancher and the first day I showed up on a Harley, bingo. hogcowboy was born.

·
8,592 Posts
My first Harley, a 1991 Candy apple red, Electra Glide Sport was fairly "Corpulent" so I pondered Pork-u-lent but shortened it to "PORKY," and I've used it on most forums since that time. My other posting names are Gandalf and Ironman.

The name wasn't chosen because I'm 6ft-5in and 350 lbs of solid, corn fed, fried chicken and biscuit eating giant---contrary to popular opinion:biggrin:

Sam:coffeescreen:

·
Registered
282 Posts
I haven't given much thought or creativity at all in my name, I couldn't think of a good one so I went with Hollywood simply because that's the name of the street that I live on.

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,799 Posts
My grandfather was a blacksmith, my father was a farmer who built a lot of his own machinery, had an uncle who transformed from blacksmith to welder to machinist that mentored me, so metalworking has always been part of my life.

Since my living has come from working with metal, either joining, fabricating, machining, repairing or shaping it, the name came naturally.

·
The 43rd Poser
440 Posts
When internet forums, as we know them, were born, back in the late 90's and early 00's, I was Safety and Training Supervisor for my oilfield pumping services company.

Years later, I went back into operations, and that's where I am now, but I use this handle on a couple dozen boards.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts