Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On another forum I belong to there was a thread about how you came up with your screen name, didn't see that here so if you want I'll start. One of my Beagles is named Rebel which means going against established norms, well he goes against established intelligence.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
11,509 Posts
Critter - Short for Critterman. Both Daughters are vet techs and at one time we had 5 dogs, 5 cats, 2 parrots, 2 breeding cockatiels (usually with a brood) 3 more cockatiels, 5 sugar gliders, 2 gerbils, and a mink.

Thank god the girls moved out and after 10 years we are finally down to one dog.

·
Registered
140 Posts
...I gave mine A LOT of thought;). Although mine is no mystery I have wondered about some others....this should be good!!

·
Very Famous Person
9,689 Posts
--

It's a long story. I'll make it short. I wanted a name and so some friends put a whole bunch of odd names in a hat of mine. When I drew one out, it said, "Extra Large." So for some time I used that on line. But then several people said it fit me because I was larger than, say, PeeWee Herman. So, since I didn't want to be compared to PeeWee Herman, I had to find something else.

Now because in Northern Mongolian, my name is RonK, I decided to use that. That way, if I have to stay with Northern Mongolians some day and be in a yurt with them, they will be able to pronounce my name.

--

·
American Legion Rider
18,630 Posts
Rancher who happens to ride a Harley. American Legion guys pinned it on me the first time I showed up at a meeting with it.

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,802 Posts
My grandfather was a blacksmith, my father farmed but built a lot of his own machinery and an uncle had a welding and machine shop and I've had my own welding, machine shop and metal fab business for forty years. Must be in the genes...

·
Premium Member
6,547 Posts
Handle

I thought we did this already.

I am Crusty because in reality I am a real sweetheart. According to my close friends. Crusty Snippets is the name I use if writing an article. Unkle Crusty is part of my email address. Had to use the K because someone else had the correct spelling.
Mrs Snippets is my main squeeze Shirley.
Deep Purple is my XS400. Yami is my XS11. Bluzu is my SV1000 Suzuki.
Griffon is the sail boat. Herb is the 41 9N tractor.
Most of my spelling errors are deliberate, and often the British way of spelling.
At times there is some Kiwi slang.

Unkle Crusty*

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Jah is a shortened form of the devine name YHWH(Yahweh, Jehovah). Youth meaning child. So Jahuth is 'God's Child.. Thought of that all by myself...:)

·
Driftless Rider
1,486 Posts
"Joe Sixpack" has been a name that we give to random people that we don't really know. Kinda like Jon Doe, but with a bit more panache.
Since internet forums are pretty anonymous and generally faceless, I thought it was a good name to use. I use Jo6pak on every forum I am on because its easy to remember, and because it looks more hip to the young crowd.

My real name isn't Joe. On an older forum I spelled it Joe Sikspak and a guy kept thinking I was Czech.

·
American Legion Rider
18,630 Posts
Didn't we do this once before or was that some other site I'm on occasionally?

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hogcowboy, I saw it on another bike forum and because I just joined here I hadn't explored so much, if it has been done sorry but some of the responses can be funny or revealing kind of like a psychological test to see who everyone thinks they are. Like that guy that calls himself Gods child......

·
Gone.
17,873 Posts
I think reading posts is much more revealing then looking at screen names. :)

And what's wrong with calling yourself a child of God? I've heard of all people being referred to as "God's children."

1 - 20 of 41 Posts