Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
I used to lust for the 70's Kawasaki 750 triple when I was a kid. The sound they made was badass and unique.
I posted a link to a very similar video in a thread on the Kawa triple, but if you didn't see that, you might enjoy this. I'm not fond of 2 strokes, or choppers, but I got nothing but respect for the man who built this chunk of crazy The tuned pipes alone are an accomplishment that demands acknowledgement. He really rides that hard tailed, long nosed, narrow barred, coffin tanked machine.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I posted a link to a very similar video in a thread on the Kawa triple, but if you didn't see that, you might enjoy this. I'm not fond of 2 strokes, or choppers, but I got nothing but respect for the man who built this chunk of crazy The tuned pipes alone are an accomplishment that demands acknowledgement. He really rides that hard tailed, long nosed, narrow barred, coffin tanked machine.
Holey moley, that is crazy with a capital Z! It seems to ride well though. And yes, those pipes are impressive work.

·
Registered
2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 SE LT+
45 Posts
You never heard a Yamaha TZ750. Google will find it for you. I suggest a lap of the IOM on one. UK
Back when dinosaurs roamed the earth, there was a guy named Kenny Roberts who put a few miles on a TZ. He was killer fast on the road racing circuit. He even had one set up for flat track racing. Once he figured out how to handle the power, he cleaned house with it.

·
Premium Member
7,495 Posts
Back when dinosaurs roamed the earth, there was a guy named Kenny Roberts who put a few miles on a TZ. He was killer fast on the road racing circuit. He even had one set up for flat track racing. Once he figured out how to handle the power, he cleaned house with it.
I was hoping someone would find the KR connection. He was the second US world RR champion. Steve Baker was the first. Steve was the second local rider to ride one. He rode for Yamaha. Neil McCrae was the first. I do not recall the name of the first guy in WA to ride one. It was evenly matched with the 900 Kawasaki in the Rickman frame.
On the IOM video the guy mentions that the Yamaha frame cracked. Same thing happened with the 250 Yamahas at the IOM. We ran them for years without any problems. The IOM bike has mufflers. With just the expansion chambers, the TZ750 crackled. UK

21 - 25 of 25 Posts