Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard a bunch of different things about helmets but figured I see what some of the seasoned riders have to say. I personally like the full faced helmets. They're comfortable to me and they feel safer. However, I read that they're kind of dangerous because if you wreck and hit something head first it has a really good chance of snapping back and breaking your neck. (sorry if that's kinda morbid) At the same time, it just seems like they're be better then the half face or open face.

Any opinions?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Well I don't think the head snapping back and breaking your neck part is that good of an argument against full face helmets. Even if your wearing a shortie helmet your head will still snap back but now your face is unprotected as well.

IMO Full face is the way to go. I have only ever worn full face and will continue to do so. Personally I like my Shoei RF-1000 but it is kind of pricey (mine was around $450 for a model with graphics on it. Plain is cheaper).

·
Paramedic
860 Posts
I always wear a full face helmet. Road rash on your arms and legs hurts like hell and I could only imagine what it would feel like on your face. It's better to be as protected as possible than to wish that you had.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts