Motorcycle Forum banner

What do you ride

• sport bike (cbr,ninja ect)

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • standard (ducati monster, bonneville ect)

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • touring (goldwing, road king, ect)

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • cruiser (most harley's ect )

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • dual-sport/ adventure (crf, nc700x, ect )

Votes: 6 13.6%
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am currently working a school project about the motorcycle industry and with the endless amount of information i found i could not find the break down of sales between types of motorcycles. So in a desperate attempt to gain semi accurate information i was wondering if people can tell me if they ride or are planning to buy a sport bike, a standard, cruiser, touring, or a dual sport/ adventure

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
I have a Road King for touring, a Springer for cruising, and a Panhead for the vintage category. My wife has a Softail that she uses for touring and for cruising.

I wasn't sure which block to check. :)

·
Very Famous Person
9,928 Posts
--

I have a purple one for cruising and touring. I also have a candy tangerine one for cruising and touring.

--

·
Shut up and Ride!
904 Posts
I didnt vote because I own 3 different bikes. a Kawasaki ZX-10R sportbike, a Harley V Rod muscle cruiser, and a little Honda Shadow project bike.

·
Premium Member
8,918 Posts
Bike

I have an 83 Yamaha 400 Seca for around town. A 79 Yamaha 1100 cruiser type, and a 006 Suzuki 1000 sport bike.
Today I found an 80s 200 Vespa and said I would buy it later in the year when the current owner sorts out the registration.
That will be used for around town and cruising the strip.
Mrs snippets wanted a yellow Morgan, but they are too much money, so I got a yellow Vespa instead.

Unkle Crusty

·
Pegasus trapped in a human body on a motorcycle
9,208 Posts
I ride a 2003 Yamaha V-Max.
Yamaha calls it a cruiser. It sits much more like a standard. It acts like a cantankerous rat-rod that wants to kill you in your sleep, and I am in the process of turning her into a touring machine.

I just have no clue which box to check, because I only have this one bike... one bike that does not like to be defined.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I own an '86 VFR 700 Interceptor for sport touring and a '94 883 Sportster project for kicks (WLA imposter, street tracker, vintage RR or ? ).

Might buy a Dual-Sport/Super-Moto machine someday.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I have an 883 and Yamaha Stryker, both in cruiser
A Suzuki C50, small tourer
and a Buell, sport bike......but considering trading the Buell for a scooter for the wife.....what category is a scooter

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I guess my '09 Yamaha Raider is a cruiser mostly, but it does try to cross into the chopper category too. Yamaha calls it a performance cruiser.

My wife's bike is a '99 Yamaha Virago 1100. Nice classic cruiser :icon_cool:

·
Registered
137 Posts
My Moto Guzzi California is called a cruiser, but it's really a standard with floorboards. I've preferred standards all my life. Look at any police bike. That's a standard. (The Cali was designed for the police.) I also have a couple of '82 Virago 920s: one stock, the other I'm converting to the "Euro" model, which was also a standard. I DO have an '82 Kawi 750 twin with the stepped seat, but the pegs are under you, not out front like a cruiser.

·
Atom Heart Brother
26 Posts
I just got a cl175 scrambler a few weeks ago; I guess its a standard bike but I drive it like its a dualsport all the time :thumbsup:

·
Shut up and Ride!
904 Posts
I guess my '09 Yamaha Raider is a cruiser mostly, but it does try to cross into the chopper category too. Yamaha calls it a performance cruiser.

My wife's bike is a '99 Yamaha Virago 1100. Nice classic cruiser :icon_cool:
Those Yamaha Raiders sure are great looking bikes. I'd consider it more of a factory chopper, like the Stryker.

·
American Legion Rider
23,555 Posts
Hey, no one asked about tricycles!!!!:D

1 - 20 of 63 Posts