Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have Craftsman tools in my tool chests for 22+ years. I am a professional carpenter, plumber, welder, general electrician, general handyman, and shade tree/ semi professional mechanic. In all of my expieriance, all tools break. The quality of Snap-off vs. Craftsman isn't that different. The only difference is price, ergenomics(which depends on individual prefference), and weather you want to go to Sears for a replacement or wait for a guy in a truck to show up. I have used Craftsman, Snap-on, KD, SK, and a whole slew of other tool companys that supply to the military and have not seen any more failures with any one brand.

In my own personal opinion, snap-on ratchets are better than the less expensive craftsman ones.

·
Underpaid
1,711 Posts
Should have been forged steel, but even so the temp thing could have been a problem. Of course, if they cast it that's definitely the wrong way to go about it. I wonder why they would cast a crowbar though?

·
Air Force Desk Jockie
122 Posts
I love harbor freight. I learned my lesson about buying a timing light there, so never buy precision electronics there, I did get my money back. Other than that I've had no problems with all my automotive tools I've purchased through them. Their 4.5" angle grinder has been beat to hell and still works great. My pry bars have had more weight on them than I probably should have. Their screw drivers feel just like a snap-on in my hand and I've only bent the little one using it as a pry bar. The torque wrenches are decent but I won't buy another one from there, my next one will be a good quality wrench. My floor jack is awesome. All my nut drivers seem to be great quality.

I did buy a husky socket set from Home Depot for $150 that I am really impressed with. The ratchets feel better and stronger than craftsman, but I do love craftsman.

When it comes to cordless tools I won't buy anything but Dewalt.

I think the key is finding a balance between the tools you know need to be better quality and the tools that you can easily get away with cheaping out on. I wouldn't buy sockets at HFT because I beat them up and use them all the time. I have a lot more tools but well they are in my garage and I can't remember what I have.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I got this ATV-Motorcycle Lift at Harbor Freight $69
I use it all the time for cleaning and any maint. Most of all I ride into the garage, slide the lift underneath, pump it up lifting the bike off the floor and spin the bike around 180 degrees so I'm ready to ride out again when I'm ready to go. Really a decent jack for the money.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts