Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought some Gerbing heated gloves. They work great and keep my hands warm, but my God, the wires are super long and plentiful. What do you do with them? zip ties look like ****. Any other ideas??

·
American Legion Rider
26,080 Posts
Did you run them down the jacket sleeve like you are supposed to do? Maybe that's why you have so much but even at that there is just a lot of wiring to deal with. Usually the shorter of those very long wires goes down the left arm and the longer down the right arm. This assumes your power source is on the left side of the bike. If it's on the right side then reverse that.

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,918 Posts
Exactly why I went with Fly Ignitor Battery Powered Gloves.. Well made with Thinsulate and fairly warm without even turning on the Power they have self contained chargeable lightweight lithium Batteries than hardly know they are there have owned heavier Gauntlet Gloves with no heat .. Was never comfortable riding with wires attached all around me ..

·
American Legion Rider
26,080 Posts
Run'em up your sleeves, coil up and zip tie the excess, and stick the mess in an inside pocket where you don't have to look at it.
Personally I think down the sleeves work better. :D :D :D

·
Visionary
5,302 Posts
Better yet buy the jacket liner too, the wires are all inside it, the gloves connect right at the sleeves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
American Legion Rider
26,080 Posts
Better yet buy the jacket liner too, the wires are all inside it, the gloves connect right at the sleeves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is the better solution but there are still a bunch of wires and a control
unit to deal with. As you know, winter riding ain't for the faint of heart types.

Reactions: mike721
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.