Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1980 GS850 with individual pod air filters, and a vance & hines megphone exhaust, what size main jets do I need to run? i currently have 115s. 122? 124? Will I also need to replace my needle jets or will the main jets suffice? It's falling on it's face at high RPMs and I am pretty sure I am running pretty lean. I hope main jet upgrade will help solve this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
GS850 jets

I have a 1980 GS850 as well, and I currently have pod filters and a 4 to 1 Mac exhaust. This upgrade made my bike very lean. To enrichen it, I first installed 135 main jets, and it still sputtered around 5k rpm. Then I installed 165 main jets, 55 pilot jets, and raised the jet needle as high as I could with sime small washers. The bike is a beast now. I had to play with the air/fuel mixture screws until I got it just right. I think it was like 5 or 6 full turns out. That helped me fix my sputtering problem. Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
GS850 jets

I have a 1980 GS850 as well, and I currently have pod filters and a 4 to 1 Mac exhaust. This upgrade made my bike very lean. To enrichen it, I first installed 135 main jets, and it still sputtered around 5k rpm. Then I installed 165 main jets, 55 pilot jets, and raised the jet needle as high as I could with sime small washers. The bike is a beast now. I had to play with the air/fuel mixture screws until I got it just right. I think it was like 5 or 6 full turns out. That helped me fix my sputtering problem. Good luck!
How many washers did you use im having issues with my needles please help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts