Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here and looking for advice.

Been changing motorcycles a lot past years. Sold my Husaberg 550 and bought a BMW 310 this summer. Needed reliability and better consumption. This is too dull!

Gone thru klx250, hornet 600, dr650, husaberg 550 to BMW 310 in 4 years when I tock the license. Drove a little in the woods before with a yz125 and on the track with a 190cc pitbike.
As you can see I like quite light bikes. I also like accelerateing. To scared for really high speed, but need another bike than the 310 to do 70km mostly highway commuting one way. And now I need to stay with it.
Been looking at f800s from 2008, Tuono 2004, ducati 848 and everything between. As you see im on a budget below 5000$ I would love to be able to live with a sportbike as a commuter, but realize I should go for a dull tourer. I don't know how to balance all this.

Oh, I'm 177cm(5,9) and 69kg (150pound). Good shape but 47 years old.

Ideas?

·
6,408 Posts
For very close to $5,000 you can get new, smaller and lighter and economical bikes like the Ninja 400, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki and Honda CB500 equivalents, in the twin cylinder 300 to 500cc range. NEW is better especially with your 100+- daily commute and warranty coverage is a huge plus. The used bikes you mentioned have frequent and expensive maintenance cycles too!

If I were your size, I would look at the Ninja 400 Naked, It checks all the right boxes for me.

Check Cycle trader and Craigslist for good or comparative pricing.

It would be nice if we knew where you live but since you used "KM," instead of miles, you probably aren't in the United States???

Welcome to the Forum! Sam:)

·
On The Road Again!
2,563 Posts
Welcome to the forum, StickyNicky.
How about filling in your profile so we know where you are from.
I'm guessing you are not in the US since you listed your height
and weight metrically.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts