Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Secret Agent
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
1,664 Posts
I've bought those bulk packs of AA from harbor freight(alkaline), and big 100 count pack from Amazon, none of them have leaked.

I use energizer lithiums in my outdoor cameras(they take the cold). Main reason I use energizer here is that's all I can find locally that are lithium.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
13,290 Posts
Harbor Freight on sale. Good enough for 90% of what you need it for, and when the batteries die, you just get another. Cost about the same as the batteries. :) I have 3 others, two are Flukes and the other is a Craftman's brand. I tooke the batteries out of them several years ago.

·
Registered
293 Posts
For car and motorcycle work, the Harbor Freight "Free with Purchase" digital unit is more than enough; especially if you're a backyard mechanic. You're don't need multi-decimal precision, capacitance, and all that...~12v or not...~5v or not...0 ohms or not...that's all you need. I have a fluke that was new in 1985 for $150 if I remember right ($362 in 2020 $$$!)...still works great, but I prefer the harbor freight unit because it's smaller and lighter.

If you want to spend some money on a tool...buy a really good tire pressure gauge.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts