Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently looking for a first bike on Craigslist and came across a bike that I could find no information about on the internet. I would love it if someone could help me decipher what kind of bike it is.

I cannot post links to other pages yet but if you search "2008 Ricardo 250 endouro" on Portland Craigslist you will find the bike.

If you don't want to look at that page...
Title of the post: "2008 Ricardo 250 endouro"

Description: "very fun to ride.
gets up to 70 mph
great mileage 70+mpg
title in hand currently licensed and permited for on and off road use"

There are pictures on the Craigslist page itself.

Any and all help would be much appreciated :)

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Risky deals these are. If it sits he might be open to a lower offer. How long are you going to keep it? How long will it go before a problem? How much of your money can you recover in re-sale? Will a parts avenue open up? Risky. If you don't mind losing that money on a disposable motorcycle...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I called the owner and it is sold as a Honda knock-off. He said there is a shop near where I am located but I am still quite weary of this bike. Thank you for your help, it led me to the decision of letting this bike pass me by.

·
172 Posts
Did some rudimentary googlage - Ricardo Motors does appear to be one of the Chinese knock offs. Their web site is either broken or no longer exists, and the only conversation I could find about that particular 250 bike said basically "Ride it until it breaks then throw it away".

·
Premium Member
14,680 Posts
for $2200, you could buy one of those new off the internet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts