Motorcycle Forum banner

161 - 180 of 231 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,094 Posts
Critter for Prez.
It is not in the President's job description to make you feel good with warm and fuzzy messages.
Maybe someone can show me otherwise. Up here we listen to the medical folks and generally ignore our spender in chief. Son of Fuddle Duddle, or True dough.
UK

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
OK I have more stupid BS for everyone:
Check out this analogy:
Throughout history alcohol has had more negative impacts (and on many different levels) on society than just about anything. Undeniably the worst mistake ever made with alcohol was when it was made illegal.
Fire away, I can handle it

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
My county (not the state) goes on what is being described as one of the most stricked lock downs. I can't put it on the winners or losers list, because I can't figure out which side to put it on. It gets a real dramatic name of which I can't remember right now, but the first word in big capital red letters is EMERGENCY. They even wait 12 hours before officially putting it in effect, to give us time to wrap our head around the idea.
Basically goes as follows:
All parks will be closed.
All recreation facilities will be closed.
Suggesting complete self quarantine for all for the next 2 (or 3 I forget) weeks.
But NO businesses will be forced closed.
No groups of 10 or more.

I think I can get on board with not going to the park.

On more of a state wide level, most school districts have extended closers for an additional 2 weeks.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
Maryland has done all that and closed all non-essential businesses. There is a list of what is considered essential. Bars and restaurants are open for carryout only. Every open business is offering home delivery, schools are closed for an additional 4 weeks.

Our statewide count as of yesterday morning 429 positive cases, 4 deaths, 13 completely recovered.

Just checked today's count is 580 positive cases.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Like Critter said, bpe. It's like that in a lot of major cities. As far as winners and losers, put it on the fence. My biggest issue is the Media. Some of these idiots are now saying that this is the 'New Normal'. Really? This is going to last forever? Oh well, back to my coffee and watching it snow.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
The media is certainly a problem
Our statewide count as of yesterday morning 429 positive cases, 4 deaths, 13 completely recovered.
But I am liking that number. Not so much the amount of the number, but the fact that they are reporting the number at all. That is the first I heard anyone reporting the recovered number.

·
Premium Member
7,094 Posts
My brother is in lock down in New Zealand. The liquor stores are closed, so no whiskey. He can get beer at the grocery store. But he can not go fishing. That is a tighter lock down than we have on my Island. Our liquor store is open, and we can go fishing. Victoria BC is very quiet according to my informant down there.
UK

·
12,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
We now have 63 confirmed cases in my county. My county is 588 square miles, 173 of which is water. The state has 774 cases, 5 deaths and 25 recoveries as of today.

·
Premium Member
7,094 Posts
Friend in Kelowna BC ( 250 miles inland ) got the virus, had a heart attack, is still breathing. Age about 45.
I am waiting for more info. We are still virus free on my Island I think. Neighbour's son is not practicing good habits.
I told the border next door, if the dopey kid got it and spread it, we would have to kill him. We seem to be maintaining in BC. UK

·
12,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
As of today, we had our first death in county, 5th in state. He was 80 years old. They are not releasing any more info.

·
Ace Tuner
2,035 Posts
Neighbour's son is not practicing good habits.
I told the border next door, if the dopey kid got it and spread it, we would have to kill him.
Same thing is happening in my area. We are told to send ONE person to the store. Full families are all going together.
We are told to stand 6' apart from one another... Most people don't believe that applies to them.
One semi-local convenience store chain (Buc-ees) put up signs, "please wash your hands before shopping". Most don't.
(They have clean, high tech, no touch anything restrooms).
They put up a sign asking people to stay back from the cashier and they put marks on the floor to show the best place (safe-ish distance) to stand. Friendly, English speaking cashiers tell me people get angry if they are asked to stand back a little.
As Bill Engvall said... Here's your sign. (Not that you'll read it but...)

S F

·
Registered
2018 kawasaki z900
1 Posts
I don't want to hear any more about Corona Virus. I'm getting sick of this news. God, I just need some air to breathe.

·
12,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
I don't want to hear any more about Corona Virus. I'm getting sick of this news. God, I just need some air to breathe.

You will need to find another planet to live on, otherwise be ready to hear about it for months to come.

·
American Legion Rider
19,496 Posts
Yep, and this is just wave one of it. Just wait for the declared virus free message followed shortly by yet another wave of the stuff. You read it here first.;) ;) ;)

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
You will need to find another planet to live on, otherwise be ready to hear about it for months to come.
Months? Are you kidding me. The new Christmas time 2020 baby boomer generation will feel the negative effects of this for the rest of their lives.
They don't have a baseline of what "good" is
i.e. the great depression was not that big of a deal to the kids that grew up in that era.

161 - 180 of 231 Posts