Motorcycle Forum banner

121 - 140 of 231 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Is it just me or is this idea of drive thru service only at the fast food places counter productive? Whether it is or not, I have them on boycott. We still have all the interactions with the employees, but now we can't wash our hands before we eat.
They also have a problem with me whipping it out and taking a leak in the parking lot

·
American Legion Rider
19,496 Posts
And how many employees are sneezing all over your food they give you in the drive thru?

I think it's a virus spreader myself.

·
Premium Member
7,095 Posts
One of the cooks at a restaurant up Island, lives next door. Daughter of my building supervisor. So she is practicing cooking, and house work. Her dad is a fairly good cook, and fortunately for me, has been a builder for a long time.
We are two senior construction, with very relaxed hours and work pace.
Checkout girl said one lady spent $500 for groceries. That is a bit like hoarding to me. I spent about $40.

UK

·
Registered
Yamaha FZ yamaha WR250 X Honda Shadow 500cc
61 Posts
It's hard to do anything with people in a panic. With most panics it involves people wanting to get out of Dodge, jamming up the roads. At least with this one the roads are nice and clear and we can tool along on our MC's.

But what if the terrorist were to set off a dirty bomb now. What then? We can either stay and take the radiation, or evacuate and take the corona. What to do, what to do.
serious topic man, hope to be upwind if that ever happened
Gawd !!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
One of the cooks at a restaurant up Island, lives next door. Daughter of my building supervisor. So she is practicing cooking, and house work. Her dad is a fairly good cook, and fortunately for me, has been a builder for a long time.
We are two senior construction, with very relaxed hours and work pace.
Checkout girl said one lady spent $500 for groceries. That is a bit like hoarding to me. I spent about $40.

UK
I still get take out & Go to my local bakery
Spent 58$ at the store

·
Registered
61 Posts
Dateline Roswell, GA.
A fresh story, I was hoping it would be on youtube. But at least as of now it's not. Roswell has a strip of road 2 or 3 miles long that runs along side our main river. On which they have several parks. Most with bathrooms. All the toilet paper has been getting stolen (and replenished) on a daily basis. They are considering if it doesn't stop, they may just lock down all the bathrooms.
That's where all the soap and sinks are also
Id like to ride my WR in the warm desert
Stop in for a duece lol

·
Registered
370 Posts
Just thinking out loud.....

I can visit the local center for low life and germs called Walmart where I will mix with several hundred, yet I cannot dine at the local pub/restaurant and mingle with several dozen?!?!? A week ago I could visit the local clinic if I felt bad for some type of treatment, but today if I have any symptom of the flu or virus I am told to stay at home and die?!?!?

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
My eye appointment just got cancelled, it is next month. Slowly but surely more and more things are being closed down. Facebook has brought attention (or at least people on it) of the poor truck driver whose big rig won't fit through the drive through, and they can't walk up to the window, Also states are closing rest areas so they have no place to rest or use the facilities bucause distribution centers aren't letting them in either.

·
Registered
106 Posts
My business has been declared critical infrastructure so we're not closing down. Gonna be a great commute, lol

·
Ace Tuner
2,035 Posts
Also states are closing rest areas so they have no place to rest or use the facilities bucause distribution centers aren't letting them in either.
That is just wrong. Don't they know trucks bring us food and...... TOILET PAPER.
The world has gone mad.

S F

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Yeah, wash your hands, wash your hands, wash your hands. One by one all the rest rooms are getting locked up.
When it's below 50 I have to pee every hour

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Here's the latest numbers in my state:
600 confirmed infected.
25 dead

Now what I find interesting here is these numbers get constantly updated and are always changing. But why do I not see the number of cases that have fully recovered? The number exist, but yet it is never reported. What's the deal with this? It's a good thing I'm not the suspicious type or I would be thinking major conspiracy right about now.
Am I the only one interested in this number?
Is it not important?
Is it not relevant ?

·
Premium Member
7,095 Posts
I agree, they could provide more info, especially about the folks who got it and survived. Can they get it again for instance. Do they get immunity. Maybe everyone should get it if that is the case. Wot about the millions who do not get it. Are they sitting ducks for the next time. Will there be a next time? Will some folks be naturally immune like some were to aids. Will I be able to get concrete delivered. So many questions. The main concern seems to be they do not want too many cases at once, that would overrun the medical facilities.

Our Island medical center just sent out an advisory bulletin. I have not read it yet.

UK

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
I'm not claiming to be an expert by any stretch of the imagination. But as I understand it, once you catch it the only way to be rid of it is for your bodies immune system to take over, build it's own anti bodies, and then bye bye corona. Once that happens there is no way for corona to mess with you again, your shields are in place.
But you wouldn't be safe from next years new mutated version.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I agree, they could provide more info, especially about the folks who got it and survived.
Some of the most severely affected countries are starting to report
large numbers of recovered cases.
China reports nearly 73,000 recoveries out of 81,000 cases. Hopefully
most of the remaining cases will be on the recovered list soon.

The situation in Italy is a lot worse. The number of deaths has already
surpassed the Chinese total. There is a table on this page:

·
American Legion Rider
19,496 Posts
But you wouldn't be safe from next years new mutated version.
That’s also why I think this stuff has been here in years past and it was just called the flu.

121 - 140 of 231 Posts