Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2001 Honda Shadow VT600C only runs with the choke on.
I took apart the filter case and siliconed any crack where the air may be leaking. But found this thick plastic bag attached to it and seems like it serves a purpose. But i don't know what! Looks like it may have had something in it, if so, its empty and i need more?

Attachments

·
Ace Tuner
4,348 Posts
That's a little 'catch tube'.

As oil makes it's way into the air box it settles in the bottom and that tube collects it.
You're supposed to drain the catch tube from time to time.

BTW, your bike is in need of a carb clean cause it only runs with the choke on.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BTW, your bike is in need of a carb clean cause it only runs with the choke on.....
Awesome, thank you for answering that. So it's not a vacuum leak? do you think the silicone i used will impede anything?
Any good resource for me to learn how to do a carb clean? or should i just watch some youtube ?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
99 Posts
YouTube is ok. That hardest part is taking them off and putting them back on the bike. Once off it’s easy, IMO, take it slow and use the right size Phillips heads and flat head for the screw if not you’ll strip them. I normally hit them with carb cleaner from the spray can then let them sit in the carb cleaner from a can. After hit them with the spray can again. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.