Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts
The last paragraph in your post is blocked by an ad.
It reads like this to me:

Now I have no snap back. I tried playing with those
ad
kn

If there is anything important in those last 2 lines, you may want to retype it again. Mean while I will just guess at what info you are looking for. I see you have the adjustments at the carb all the way in. You should also have adjustments at the grip. How are those looking? It could also be that the new after market grip is a no go. I will assume from the text that I can read, that you have both the accelerator, and the decelerator cable hooked up. (In the pic the accelerator is not hooked up)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The paragraph is bot important I drew a arrow to the part it's the part were the throttle cable connects to

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts
I'm not sure what it would be called. What it does is move the butterfly valve (also called a throttle plate).

·
Registered
775 Posts
The sheave that the cables attach to, (which your arrow points to), does NOT have any adjustability. There are adjusters located further upstream in your image, and some bikes may allow adjustment at the handlebar end.

What is your question?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I trying to figure out what the name is for the part that the arrow is pointing at mine broke and I need a new one just cant figure out what its called. The part that the throttle cables clip into that open the throttle

·
Registered
775 Posts
I see that some folks call it a "throttle pulley" or "throttle cable pulley". One may have a difficult time finding it as an individual replacement part however.

·
Ace Tuner
3,494 Posts
Well ...... The pic looks like the bike might be a Honda V twin..... ?
Just about every motorcycle manufacturer will call just about every part by a different name.
What brand, model and year model is the bike???

The pic looks like the bike might be a Honda V twin, but which one and is it a Honda?
What brand, model and year model is the bike?

S F

Edit:
Just re-read first post. Looks like it is a Shadow... More information still needed.

·
Premium Member
9,836 Posts
Butterfly plate or valve is as close as you will get. But the problem is, what it is commonly called, may not be what the book calls it, or what the modern word for it is.
For instance, a grub screw is now a set screw. A sump is a pan. And there are many more examples.

Wuz thinkin. There might not be a butterfly in that carburetor. The part that the wheel turns is probably the throttle shaft. So you need the small wheel that the throttle cable connects to, that turns the throttle shaft.

UK, and not the divided kingdom.

·
2009 Ninja 500r
1,504 Posts
I never thought to ask this question and is a great question. I don't know. I would think it would have a name along the line of "Throttle Cam" or something like that. Without knowing more on what your bike is, I can't even look it up. I did tried a few different models, but it did not list that part name on the parts list. So I can't say I could easily get a name, even if I did know what you have.

·
Visionary
5,255 Posts
I have a feeling that part isn't normally changed, I've never heard of one wearing out, so it may not be available separably from the carburetor or throttle body. Your best bet might be a motorcycle salvage place and buy the whole assy., if it's a common bike you might find one very cheaply.
There are many salvage places, a local would be best but if not try pinwall cycles, and also ebay searches for the whole assy for whatever bike your working on.

·
American Legion Rider
25,919 Posts
What I want to know, is how you break one or wear one old?

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts
I can't see in the pic what is wrong with it. I suspect the OP may be trying to get a smaller one to compensate for the tight cables.
Just an off the wall guess

·
Ace Tuner
3,494 Posts
I never thought to ask this question and is a great question. I don't know. I would think it would have a name along the line of "Throttle Cam" or something like that. Without knowing more on what your bike is, I can't even look it up. I did tried a few different models, but it did not list that part name on the parts list. So I can't say I could easily get a name, even if I did know what you have.
We can't look it up .... ?

I have a feeling that part isn't normally changed, I've never heard of one wearing out, so it may not be available separably from the carburetor or throttle body. Your best bet might be a motorcycle salvage place and buy the whole assy., if it's a common bike you might find one very cheaply.
There are many salvage places, a local would be best but if not try pinwall cycles, and also ebay searches for the whole assy for whatever bike your working on.
➕ .. ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts