Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all I was hoping some one could help identify I bike I have found in Cambodia I just rode from the top to bottom of Vietnam then in to Cambodia where I found this little bike I think it may be a 1992 but may be later because it has disc brakes front and rear will try and post pick thanks in advance
Yamaha AVENUE Engine number QMI-06402096 Chassis number AA286A-402094 125cc has made in japan KHI on the neck

·
Moderator - Loves All Motorcycles
1,251 Posts
Found your imgur...After searching for two hours I still have no idea.

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
That's a rather nice looking bike!

·
1,251 Posts
Found it! What tipped me off was "Japan KHI". That's Kawasaki Heavy Industries.

It's a Kawasaki Estrella 250

My next question then is why are there Yamaha badges on it? Either someone did a badge swap or Kawasaki/Yamaha did some badge engineering. However I cannot find any evidence of the latter.

Here's their whole album of that bike if anyone's interested:

https://imgur.com/gallery/OzCt8fi

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you so much Miss Mercedes ,you are the best ,they do this all the time in Vietnam and Cambodia its cheaper and easier to rego a bike 125cc or under ,I will buy it anyway 250 will be better for me Thanks again

·
1,251 Posts
You're welcome! I love the look of that thing and became obsessed with figuring out what it was. Apparently they were only sold in European and Asian markets. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you go to GooBike Japan put in the make and model there are 500 off them for sale some only 1500 us
My guy wants 3200us and its a 1992 first year of manufacture not in great condition so need to get him down in price . but you are right they are a great looking little bike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts