Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2004 HD Fatboy, there is a hole going thru my front axle, on the right side of the tire. What is that hole for? (it's about .800 or so in diameter). I assume it is SUPPOSED to be there, but I'm wondering if something is supposed to be IN that hole????

I guess I figured that there would be lock nuts and washers, with Cotter Pins, just like on the rear axle.

-Soupy

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So it's meant to be a leverage access? Phew! (wipes sweat off brow)........I'm glad it's not something that needed a locking pin and was MISSING one!!

Thanks, Dods.......

-Soupy

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
A lot of people hang those little bell things from it too.

They can get in the way when you're using it to pull the axle out when changing a tire.

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ain't gonna be no friggin BELLS hanging from MY bike........no matter HOW many do it. Sounds "gay" to me!!

-Soupy

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,359 Posts
WHAT? You don't want a guardian angle (the little bell) watching over you?

Of course it only works if someone gives it to you

·
14,359 Posts
OPPS double post

·
American Legion Rider
23,610 Posts
Ain't gonna be no friggin BELLS hanging from MY bike........no matter HOW many do it. Sounds "gay" to me!!

-Soupy
Guess I'm twice as gay then since I now have two. Someone has to care enough to give you one though. I got one from someone at this site by the way but I won't embarrass them since you think it's gay. Got one from my wife too. Guess I'm just gay enough for her.:p

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, my wife has a couple of those "bells" that were given to her, so I understand the premise.

Just think it's a bit "gay" is all. Not my personal cup of tea.
You want one; you have one.......that's fine. I have no issue with you.

-Soupy

·
Registered
699 Posts
Yeah, my wife has a couple of those "bells" that were given to her, so I understand the premise.

Just think it's a bit "gay" is all. Not my personal cup of tea.
You want one; you have one.......that's fine. I have no issue with you.

-Soupy
I have found that people who worry that things might be a bit "gay" tend to be a bit "gay". YMMV ;)

·
American Legion Rider
23,610 Posts
On second thought. Sometimes I wish there was a delete key that was good for maybe 90 seconds.:)

·
14,359 Posts
Boy I would have like to have seen that original post before you changed all of it :)

·
American Legion Rider
23,610 Posts
I bet you have a pretty good idea Critter. And I didn't even have a beer yet.:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts