Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I have been hearing this noise when i have the clutch squeezed in but only when I am in gear (1st usually) and coming to a stop. And also once I am gradually releasing the clutch and taking off. It stops as soon as I am in gear fully or the bike is stopped. Here’s a video of it but somehow i got the noise to activate when i was sitting still in neutral. Could it be my clutch cable is too stretched now and it’s not releasing the clutch lever arm (at the clutch cover) all the way? I tried adjusting the cable but i pull it right and i run out of room as if the cable is too long. Thanks guys.

https://youtu.be/5eyV82iw2Gg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
EDIT:
What I mean by the cable being too worn is maybe the cable is too long/stretched that there is too much cable length so that when I pull the clutch it isn’t fully disengaging and the plates are rubbing against each other which could be that noise? Yes it has fresh oil in it (<1000 miles since last change).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.