Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please. If you hate Apple, start your own @#$%#@!!! thread.

Here's what the Iphone 6 ACTUALLY brings to the table:

1) WiFi based calling. Instead of 3G or 4G or whatever, you can call from hotspots, similar to using Skype. And calls will get handed off if you LEAVE the hotspot. Can you get a phone without a carrier/contract? Too soon to see...

(Of course you can always get an Ipod touch and use Skype, or give it to your kids, if you're sick of their phone/data bills...)

2) Simultaneous voice & data for Verizon users. The rest of us (AT&T)... already have this.

3) Support for Swype --- that app that lets you "type" without lifting your finger, predicts words, corrects, etc.

4) Supposedly better voice quality. I sure hope so, voice quality on phone calls has been going downhill every since we gave up land lines. Whether it's bandwidth or echos or delays, voice quality via cellular just sux! And the older you get, as your hearing goes, it just makes it worse!

5) Battery improvements, so they claim..

6) Camera improvements, image stabilization, so they claim

7) 3X faster WiFi

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The reason I started THIS thread is to discuss what's actually new, better, or improved about the Iphone 6.

Reasons why an inmate might actually want it, vs. the hype, and techno-speak that benefits no one.

Please start your own thread if you wish to air your complaints about Apple, wish list, etc.

·
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye
8,668 Posts
Pffft..... I still don't get the need for an I-Phone, let alone buying one every few months to get all the new features. My Motorola does everything I need when I can find it. ;-)

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Well clearly the biggest (pun intended) improvement the iPhone 6 brings to the table is that bigger screen!! Along with 1080P

Although Steve Jobs always insisted "people don't want a bigger screen" ( :wink: ) we will let the sales figures do the talking. Having said that, I am suspecting the 4.7" will outsell the 5.5"

Who likes the iWatch?

And.. when will the Keynote be available on Youtube??

·
Commute Racer
2,225 Posts
wadenelson said:
hey Rob, I got an idea.

Why don't you go actually RIDE your motorcycle for a few hours and maybe then YOU'll have something WORTHWHILE to contribute to mcforum
Instead of calling me a moron, deleting it, and then PMing me a butthurt response, all because I had one negative thing to say about a phone you didn't design or own, why don't you take your own advice? I was riding my motorcycle when you PMed me, btw.

·
Gone.
17,871 Posts
Without actually looking at it I couldn't tell you what kind of phone I have. I'm not sure if it's an i-phone or an apple or android or what. I use it to make calls and infrequently text or take a picture, and it seems to do all that about as good as I need it to. I know it can do other things, but I've never had a desire to try them. Anything with newer technology would just be wasted money for me.

·
Pegasus trapped in a human body on a motorcycle
9,225 Posts
1) WiFi based calling. Instead of 3G or 4G or whatever, you can call from hotspots, similar to using Skype. And calls will get handed off if you LEAVE the hotspot.
Yeah... I hope that the WiFi based calling can be turned off. Other than that, it seems like a decent thing that Apple is doing with this.

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
I don't even own a Cellphone............let alone an "I" or "A" or "B" phone!

This Thread should have been started in a cellphone Forum. Not here.

-Soupy

·
American Legion Rider
20,005 Posts
Can't be more Off Topic than this Soupy. It's in the right place. Can't have a forum for every single subject. Is that what you would have?

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
What is really sad is that I do not understand what is being discussed, although I do understand what "butt hurt' means :icon_cool:

Do they have a Obamaphone version of this yet?

·
On The Road Again!
2,984 Posts
I don't even own a Cellphone............let alone an "I" or "A" or "B" phone!

This Thread should have been started in a cellphone Forum. Not here.

-Soupy
Me either. My only phone is wired to the wall next to my desk.
And I certainly don't need a "smart phone".
I'm smart enough as it is. :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts