Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Looks like a good little rig!

I guess you are used to sleeping in tight quarters but my bed is bigger I bet. And you are going to have a galley as well? You don’t plan on having any visitors either do ya. hahaha. I do hope it works for you UK. I’m just afraid you might be expecting more out of your space than can be accommodated. You know, eyes bigger than stomach kind of thing.
Could turn the van into some decent usable space too. It could be the guest house/ master suite if it gets too cramped.

·
Premium Member
7,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The van is big enough to accept a 4 X 8 sheet of ply lying flat on the floor. And has a sliding door on each side, as well as a rear door. The bed in the trailer will be the same size as a double, but narrowing at the feet end. It will be cross wise on an angle at the front. The table will be 24 long, 22 wide on the port side. The counter will be 70 long and 22 wide to starboard. Storage will be under the bed. Toilet is at the ride rear. Shower will be outside the back keft hand door, with a curtain around. This will be a warm weather unit, and usually somewhere near facilities. Not like the boat. There will be an awning on the right hand side, about 8 feet wide. The Trail 90 can go on the hitch.

The table will hinge up out of the way. That leaves enough room for hauling other stuff, such as a bike or building supplies.

UK

·
American Legion Rider
19,392 Posts
Oh, you could put a fold-out where the doors are and really expand. (y) (y) (y)

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
11,966 Posts
Hell it doesn't even have windows.......................

·
American Legion Rider
19,392 Posts
Wait a while. It will have windows, and a roof hatch.
UK
I thought that would be a given. Night sky is all sailors need anyway. Don't need no stinking windows. What's wrong with you Critter, been too long? hahaha

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
11,966 Posts
I thought that would be a given. Night sky is all sailors need anyway. Don't need no stinking windows. What's wrong with you Critter, been too long? hahaha
Haven't you heard of portholes?

·
Premium Member
7,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
The axle has the bracket / plate required to bolt on the brakes. That saves swapping the axle.
I found the hatch. It needs a new seal and cleaning. The neighbour had two small sinks, including and E pump, that I now have. He also had a water tank. From my MIL place I got two nice chairs.
I will go to the plywood store tomorrow and see what they have to offer.
AND, Shirley likes it, now that a decision has been made. She inquired about the need for brakes. I told her that most nose pickers would not use them for this weight of trailer, but I had more valuable assets to transport. Slick.

UK

·
Premium Member
7,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Checked on 1/2 inch plywood today. For the counter top, table and bed. Opening windows and portholes are a lot of $$$. May use fixed Lexan with opening vents. Scored carpet and underlay for free today. Could not find the recycle place on the big Island. Wandered around Cabelas for a while. Studied cookers and heaters. But I have some of that stuff. Marine store has a fancy device that allows two batteries to be charged, separately and together.

UK

21 - 32 of 32 Posts