Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Got a couple hrs sleep this morning, got up and turned the heat back on, 62* in the house and we got a week of cold nights coming.

Pulled out the flannel lined jeans that I had put up a month ago

Rode over to brothers to show him the new seat, there was a guy I know doing utilities work nearby, he brought his co-worker over to look at my bike, he's getting into motorcycles, going to buy an 883 converted to 1200 and signed up for class at Man-O-War hd in Lexington

Then rode to cousins house, I'd swear the bike handles the curves even better, trying to get them out riding.

Back to the house, trying to make it as late as possible to get me back on normal time, feeling like 8:30 or 9

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Took off early and cold go look at a bike

2005 15th anniversary Fat Boy, not the ScreaminEagle , 88ci, perfect size monkey bars, these are turned in more than my wide glide and wider.......might be buckhorn, perfect sound quieter than the wide glide but loud enough for me.....this may be a problem for selling cause everybody wants loud

Made my offer, my crotch rocket for Fatboy. He kept saying it's not a fair trade........so I told him if he wants to make it fair he can throw in the 93 1200...........you shoulda seen his face, the owner cracked up said I don't think that's the way he meant, me and the owner walked around talking looking at other bikes, then he asked how much the puppy is worth......all the bikes he's got wouldn't get my puppy, the owner is one of the guys I ride with.

Give him a little while, he can sell the crotch rocket for $7k easy, 9 new less than a yr old less than 3000 miles
NADA the Fatboy is avg $5500, his price is $8500, I believe it to be better than avg but not 3k worth......and it is perfect for me and the crotch rocket is not, it's a lot of fun but I'd rather have a Fatboy

Couple wks I'll see what he comes up with, then depending I might just buy it with no trade if he'll come down to 6k

Then I rode back home in time to have lunch with the wife, wasn't as cold then

·
Secret Agent
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
4,115 Posts
Anybike was too good for the main thread, or maybe it veered off course too much for his liking🤭

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Yesterday went for a nice casual ride on the dyna to consider the Fatboy, decided, since I would really like to have it, I'd go as high as $6500..... that's$1000 over NADA avg for this bike

It was a nice calming ride.....I slept good

Woke up this morning and said to myself why would I go to $6500..... I've offered $6, I just stick with that.

Went for a quicky around the lake on dyna, wife's car has ultra blocked and son's car has crotch rocket blocked, I beat the rain.

I went thru the new traffic circle again, and yes, I was behind a truck that stopped and waited for me honk before he would go.....and he was only turning right

They've now put 3in pipe, painted yellow, in the lane dividers

It was plenty warm enough 65*, we've been under severe wind warning all day, the wind wasn't bad, the rain is coming in now.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Got in about an HR and half on the crotch rocket........that thing is so much fun

Wasn't a good time of day, too much traffic

Saw 1 crotch rocket coming into town as I was going out, no other bikes, guess everybody is running around the lake or just don't want to get out in 63*

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Got out the ultra for ride on the ridge......went a bit slower, but that thing really does feel good in the curves

I took a detour on a road I haven't been on in a while, there's new pavement then old, new then old, new then old, I don't care for that.

I scraped on every left curve, the kickstand isn't holding up like it should...... I guess I let it sit too long, think it's been about a month since I rode it.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Got the call last night, my Signature Series seat with backrest for my Wide Glide came in.......today I went and got it. Put it on, went for a ride.

The backrest pad on this one is low as can go, the try it seat it was up a little higher(adjustable up down forward back).......as low as it will go is even better, fits right in small of my back

But the main reason for buying the seat is for the comfort of the back seat, wife was happy with the try it seat, she hasn't been on this one yet...... I'd bet it's the same

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Got a couple hrs for a ride yesterday, pulled out the crotch rocket, practiced leaning my upper body, it feels like the bike is barely leaning and I'm keeping my butt on the seat.

One of these days I'll be able to do this lean without thinking about it and really increase speed.

I've been leaning upper body on the wide glide too, same effect.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Got a couple hrs for a ride yesterday, pulled out the crotch rocket, practiced leaning my upper body, it feels like the bike is barely leaning ...
counter-steer aka push steering
example ... lean into the left bar and follow through with your body and it will initiate a left lean on the bike, following through with your body weight is what actually makes it turn.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Took wide glide on a little ride, back hurting and that backrest really felt good

·
American Legion Rider & sub-Administrator
24,726 Posts
Took wide glide on a little ride, back hurting and that backrest really felt good
There was a time that riding was the ONLY time I wasn't in pain. Then it got worse and adding a backrest helped again so I was back to riding was the only time I wasn't in pain. I've advanced again and now I can only go 30 minutes. Well, until I had the bike converted to trike. So far I'm riding as long as I want pain free but I think it's because my mind is still getting used to the different ride but not sure. The reason I say not sure is I notice the handlebars were in a different position so I changed them. 30 minutes and pain on the last ride. Needless to say, the bars went back but haven't been out due to rain since. It's possible it's been a bar position all along.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
There was a time that riding was the ONLY time I wasn't in pain. Then it got worse and adding a backrest helped again so I was back to riding was the only time I wasn't in pain. I've advanced again and now I can only go 30 minutes. Well, until I had the bike converted to trike. So far I'm riding as long as I want pain free but I think it's because my mind is still getting used to the different ride but not sure. The reason I say not sure is I notice the handlebars were in a different position so I changed them. 30 minutes and pain on the last ride. Needless to say, the bars went back but haven't been out due to rain since. It's possible it's been a bar position all along.
I still took a pill after the ride, didn't sleep night before last, last night I did. I've been actually working last 2 days, again today and maybe tomorrow........but my brother doesn't come to life till 10am(earliest possible), but the today and tomorrow I have to go to job at 3 cutting work time down

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Yesterday, my day off, went out for an hr and half on the Dyna, loving that backrest......home played with puppy, had lunch with wife, played with puppy some more........took off on the crotch rocket for an hr and a half

My posture on the CR is getting better, my back is getting stronger by holding my upper body up instead of using my arms, but the last 20min my butt was beginning to hurt.

My upper body lean has started making my butt slide a little.

2 very different kinds of fun and I'm lovin them both.......I might try riding a real CR again someday, every time I've gotten on one very quickly I get hip cramps

·
Secret Agent
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
4,115 Posts
We're is the picture of this puppy?!?!?

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,880 Posts
She has nice puppies as well.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I was riding with a couple of old guys today and convinced one of them to go up a rock that was way above his normal pay grade (y) and he aced it. That was fun, I've been riding with him since 1989 and he's never attempted something even close to that before.

Was a perfect riding day today, cool wind kept the bugs away and the rain yesterday kept the dust down and made for total traction :cool:

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
I was riding with a couple of old guys today and convinced one of them to go up a rock that was way above his normal pay grade (y) and he aced it. That was fun, I've been riding with him since 1989 and he's never attempted something even close to that before.

Was a perfect riding day today, cool wind kept the bugs away and the rain yesterday kept the dust down and made for total traction :cool:
I'm not senial yet, you won't get me riding up a rock

41 - 60 of 80 Posts