Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
American Legion Rider & sub-Administrator
24,726 Posts
Roundabouts are great if you know how to use them. It's all about timing.
They install something that requires thinking and timing when they installed them in the first place because people couldn't stop and proceed safely. Yeah, that's going to work well. :rolleyes:

·
Secret Agent
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
4,115 Posts
Idk who thought that reddish color was a good idea.

·
On The Road Again!
3,951 Posts
What a nightmare! Idiots going around it in both directions!!
Years ago, Jersey had LOTS of "Traffic circles". And for the
most part, they worked well until traffic volume increased and the "idiot level" of drivers decreased. Over the last twenty years or so, most of them have been removed and the intersections converted to traffic lights.
But from what I've read, in other parts of the country, they are removing the traffic lights and putting in circles!

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Lots of traffic circles being installed up here but lol I never seen anybody forget which side of the road to drive on because of them, that video is amazing.

·
24,726 Posts
Lots of traffic circles being installed up here but lol I never seen anybody forget which side of the road to drive on because of them, that video is amazing.
Many places in Texas you’ll find you can drive on the wrong side sorta. One way frontage roads. So it isn’t surprising seeing the idiots here do just like that video. Right hand stops are yields instead of stops too in a lot of places. You really have to be on your toes riding in Texas.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,880 Posts
The video is just as funny as it is dangerous.

Anyone remember J turns? I think it was Jersey that had them. You turned slight right onto a short road that ended in a left 90 degrees to the road you came of off at a stop sign or light. You could then proceed with the left turn that you wanted to make in the first place.

·
24,726 Posts

Anyone remember J turns? I think it was Jersey that had them. You turned slight right onto a short road that ended in a left 90 degrees to the road you came of off at a stop sign or light. You could then proceed with the left turn that you wanted to make in the first place.
Sounds like something originally designed for horse and wagon.

·
24,726 Posts
Now where did I leave my ban hammer? 🤔

·
On The Road Again!
3,951 Posts

Remember them??? We still HAVE them!!!
We call them "Jug handles".
I can show you several of them within a few miles of my house.
What boggles my mind is the jug handles where you have to go through the same traffic light twice.
Since a left turn is not allowed, you go straight through the light and then make a right onto the jug handle which loops you back around to go through the same light AGAIN, thus ending up on the road that WAS to your left when you started.
How in the hell this is supposed to improve traffic flow, I don't know, since any car that wants to go left has to pass through the same intersection twice!!!
Only in Jersey!!!!

·
14,880 Posts
Your lucky I don't have a ban hammer, probably the reason I don't want one.

·
Secret Agent
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
4,115 Posts
*you're

And everyone is so hostile!🤔

·
14,880 Posts

Reactions: CRracer712

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Saturday I went to the HD store, picked up a try it before you buy it seat for my Dyna, Signature Series.

While there, the main salesman had a personal offer for me, a very slightly used solo with pillion from a '16 Wide Glide for $100.......try it before I buy it

I took off my 07 seat, just set the solo on and took a seat, hmmmmm sets me down about 2inches.....I like it

Put on the signature series with backrest, took wife on a ride to test passangener seat, she likes it, and I like the backrest. Having backrest adjusted to do any good it moves me forward a bit and thats ok.

Backrest comes off and back on much easier than the one on my Ultra

If my son comes home he'll have a seat his gf can ride on

If I decide to go down to my brothers, about 6hrs, and run over to the dragon, that backrest on the Dyna will be real handy

I need some stuff to make the solo/pillion installable, thats going to be main seat

·
24,726 Posts
How in the hell this is supposed to improve traffic flow, I don't know, since any car that wants to go left has to pass through the same intersection twice!!!
I still think it had to be something to do with horse and wagon.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Sunday gott off at 7am, ate some breakfast, took off to meet the group.......on my crotch rocket

I'm not fast, nor experienced on a crotch rocket, I'm trying to keep up on these roads I've never been on

In my neck of the woods, we're quite proud of the ridge and surrounding roads......they don't come close to these snakes.

Couple times we were slowed down by a truck in front.......relief for me, I was pushing myself to much

Got home 1:30, can't recall any part that didn't hurt, the worst of it was my butt, legs, the bottoms of my feet, and just before making it home my hips started cramping. After getting in bed(about 2) I realized how much my back ached.......I'm getting better, first time I rode it 3hrs I was much worse.

I slept almost 3hrs, got up and ate a hotdog, back to bed and my puppy came to lay on me to help me sleep

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Yesterday decided I'm buying the Harley Signature Series seat w/backrest, so took the demo back and ordered

I also bought a '17 Wide Glide stock solo w/pillion from the Harley stores number 1 salesman, this seat sets me down quite a bit, more comfortable on arms and legs, seat not as soft as old seat but if I want to go on a trip I'll change seat or ride my ultra......the big seat is so my son can ride his girlfriend on a seat that's worth something to the passenger.

To make the solo w/pillion work I had to buy some parts(need pillion to cover rubber bumpers on fender).

First needed fender nut and the part that screws into the fender nut......which has a knob that the pillion slides onto then bolts to the rear fender nut........both parts $8.......they gave me the wrong part that screws into fender nut, this was the knob only ....... female, nothing to screw into fender nut

Today called hd store, after massive confusion I finally got the right part ordered......12days

Went to big4 bought a brass screw, cut it to length, screwed on the knob, screwed into fender nut, slid pillion on, called hd store and cancelled order.

Rode bike to work for boss to see..... he's not there

Rode on over to brothers for him to see....... he's not there

5:30p almost bedtime so I can get up and go to work at 11p, last one, tomorrow start my week off

·
24,726 Posts
5:30p almost bedtime so I can get up and go to work at 11p, last one, tomorrow start my week off
Another 3rd shifter or swing shift to some. I've never got back to normal hours even after 26 years retired.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts