Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two members that we could count on for good comments, useful or humorous or both, seem to be absent for quite awhile. Anyone know what happened to Eye Am No Angel, and Dodsfal?

·
On The Road Again!
4,184 Posts
Where have you been, Vito.
Those two have been missing for months.
"Apparently", some sort of dispute with the owners of the board.
Also missing is Graceshredder. I always looked forward to his posts in the Vintage forum.

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
Yup, sad.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Stepped Away

I too have Pulled the Plug on this site in the recent Past!
I found it hard to stay away. Took me several months to get over my Snit!
I do not have a clue as to why the decision was made by Fellow Members to Vacate the Forum but let things take it's course and We Shall See.
My decision to return came with personal guidelines that do not include Politics, Religion, Race and anything I feel as Negative. Lessons Learned to keep some things close to the Vest.
If Admin does not FIX This Major Glitch real soon,I may Step Away Again!
I do miss Eye and Shreader!
Charlie

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Thanks Lurch, I hadn't seen that thread. I miss Eye and Dods, they were both level headed fonts of knowledge.

Steve

·
Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the link. I must have missed it when it started last October. No question that the forum is just not as interesting as it used to be. This and rugerforum. com were my two daily forums to check on. If anyone knows where Dods and Eye went to, on the internet, a PM would be appreciated.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,495 Posts
Not in touch with Dobs, but Eye is on Facebook. You just need to know his name.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Still works for me. If you go into the Biker's Bar forum, it's the "Open Letter" thread.
For whatever reason, I don't even have that option. "Biker's Bar" is unfindable on my end...

·
American Legion Rider
25,887 Posts
For whatever reason, I don't even have that option. "Biker's Bar" is unfindable on my end...
You may have opt out some time back. I think Dods made that possible. Just one of the many things he and Eye did to keep users happy and this **** we are seeing on a regular basis down.

Yeah, if anyone knows of another GOOD site PM me.:sad:

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
I pretty much check in daily but do not respond to much. Seems like there isn't much activity these days, I wouldn't mind checking out another site also if there is one

You may have opt out some time back. I think Dods made that possible. Just one of the many things he and Eye did to keep users happy and this **** we are seeing on a regular basis down.

Yeah, if anyone knows of another GOOD site PM me.:sad:

·
Very Famous Person
10,002 Posts
Same here...I check in but don't reply/post much. Too many argumentative people.
--

Give it some time. I've been through this several times in the past ten years. I've been near dropped myself because I joked around too much back in 2008-9. I only don't do that so much as both the other posters have changed, I've changed, plus we all have our periods of different attitudes. I also don't post so much anymore as it gets old after so long.

On the other hand, one reason any site falters is that a lot of folks want others to keep them entertained without participating themselves. It's a lot harder when just a dozen folks post half the responses.

--

·
Registered
110 Posts
Other MC Sites?

I pretty much check in daily but do not respond to much. Seems like there isn't much activity these days, I wouldn't mind checking out another site also if there is one
I too am not much for Responding on this Site.
I was pointed to Adventure Rider as I was in search for assists on my BMW.
I have been quite active there and have found some help in my Treasure Hunt.
There is not as much arguing and the Political Banter is kept at a minimal.
I do still check into this MFing Site but have not opened anything that I find that I could make a educated comment on.
I can understand the Membership decline.
This is not the only Site that is waning as of late.
I feel other avenues that are available is the cause, Farce Book and Insta Sham
are the New Contact Forums! I Refuse to make myself available to them.
Hope things work out for all of us. The Motorcycles seem to be taken for granted and not taken for a Ride!
Charlie

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,120 Posts
Oh how nice it would be if everything was just peachy and all we did was totally agree with each other!:kiss:

We could opine on the mandatory subjects of fouled carbs and fuel systems, tires, chains, forks and shocks, seats, luggage racks and other boring parts.:smile:

Then we can give advice on the perfect first bike for a first time poster that doesn't even bother to list his experience, age or location or what type of riding he wants to do:wink2:

If something is mentioned that is currently in the news, we can all just agree to never comment on anything that may be non-mainstream nor possibly abrasive to the very sensitive.:kiss:

Maybe then we can all be soooo happy and shed no more tears over this very important Forum and we won't have to leave with hurt feelings, in search of sublime peace.
:grin:

We can emulate Don Quixote de la Mancha as he 'Dreams the impossible dream' and courts the beauty and love of Dulciena:kiss::kiss::kiss:

A deceased paragon of civility, Rodney King said something very poignant: "Can't we all just get along?"

Sam:smiley_mornincoffee

1 - 20 of 65 Posts