Motorcycle Forum banner

1881 - 1900 of 1911 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
The Kawasaki X-300 gets an amazing 70 MPG. I've never had another bike that could get anywhere near that. With a 4.5 gallon tank it has some good range between fill ups.

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
I have never actually done the exact math...all 4 of my street bikes get between 42 and 48. The V-Strom is on the high end, Thunderbird on the low end. The other 2 Triumphs are somewhere in between. I am in the process of getting all 3 of my dual sports back on the road. I imagine they will do better. Vanessa's little 250 Virago supposedly gets closer to 70. It hasn't been ridden much since we got it to find out.

·
American Legion Rider & sub-Administrator
24,212 Posts
The Kawasaki X-300 gets an amazing 70 MPG. I've never had another bike that could get anywhere near that. With a 4.5 gallon tank it has some good range between fill ups.
The most I've ever got with my Indian is 48mpg and I've never been able to repeat it. Was one of those very odd days where I had a strong tail wind going and the wind changed so I had a strong tail wind on the return, plus going much slower than I usually ride. But I have tried to repeat it and have failed every time I've tried. I didn't try that one time. It just happened. Weird how that works. I do check fuel mileage on every fill up and keep track with FUELLY app on my cell phone. So if it ever happens again I'll know. Still waiting. :(

Reactions: Stablefull

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
The most I've ever got with my Indian is 48mpg and I've never been able to repeat it. Was one of those very odd days where I had a strong tail wind going and the wind changed so I had a strong tail wind on the return, plus going much slower than I usually ride. But I have tried to repeat it and have failed every time I've tried. I didn't try that one time. It just happened. Weird how that works. I do check fuel mileage on every fill up and keep track with FUELLY app on my cell phone. So if it ever happens again I'll know. Still waiting. :(
What do you usually get? 45?

·
THEE Professional Shadow Moderator
1,840 Posts
According to Fuelly, since I bought my R1150RT I've ridden about 22,900 miles and gotten an average 41.8 mpg.

Fuelly doesn't have any capability for tracking fun per mile. :)

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Do you have any videos of your trials runs? l would love to see it
I will if I can find a free site to post them on (y)
here's one I call, attempting to catch a flying motorcycle in my front yard :LOL: I don't recommend it.
Warning: Do not attempt any stunts you see here they were performed by crazy people

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,578 Posts
I will if I can find a free site to post them on (y)
here's one I call, attempting to catch a flying motorcycle in my front yard :LOL: I don't recommend it.
Warning: Do not attempt any stunts you see here they were performed by crazy people

What if any damage does something like that do?

·
24,212 Posts
It looks to me like his safety man got the worst of it too.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Around 100 mpg with my Honda PCX 150, only 37 with the Goldwing.

·
Secret Agent
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
3,654 Posts
AT just did 45.5 mpg.

·
8,709 Posts
36 average on todays 105 mile ride @ 50 to 70 mph on the new Spyder.
Sam

·
24,212 Posts
36 average on todays 105 mile ride @ 50 to 70 mph on the new Spyder.
Sam View attachment 67257
You'll find that's about it. You might see 38 - 40mph but not average. For the size of that machine that's darn good mileage. Not to mention what one might be adding to it to carry. (tip-toeing here) :rolleyes:

Reactions: Porky

·
Registered
2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 SE LT+
239 Posts
Not certain how accurate it is, but the Versys 1000 has "avg mpg" on the TFT display. Don't pay any attention to it, never reset it, so I just went and checked.... 6,700+ miles on the bike, and it shows 47 and a fraction for an average.

1881 - 1900 of 1911 Posts