Motorcycle Forum banner

1861 - 1880 of 1911 Posts

·
8,709 Posts
"We cannot buy anything but E85 here now, so its a real issue with bikes. Mileage has dropped off, so has power due to the fuel they sell." Quote S83

Only "Flex fuel" vehicles specifically designed for E85 fuel can run this, so are you sure???? E85 will destroy anything that uses it in a short period of time.:surprise:

Honda is selling one motorcycle only that will run E85 and I believe it's only available in India.

Maybe I don't really know where you live. Southern NJ ??????

E10 is the current standard for the United States but the EPA (And Corn farmer's) are pushing for E15 but the Automotive and motorcycle industry is even against E15 as it can adversely affect most every vehicle today unless designed for it.

Maybe you are referring to 85 octane fuel.

Enlighten me please:grin:

Sam:nerd:

·
8,709 Posts
First tank on my new 2018 Indian Scout was 50 mpg exactly, ridden 55 to 70 mph, rural roads with some Interstate. not broken in yet so it will probably get better:)

Sam

·
8,709 Posts
First tank was about 35 to 38 mpg but I don't know if the Frontenac Dealership filled the tank completely.

I'm LOVIN' it though Rod! Comfort and Stability and lots of Creature comforts mean a lot to me now.

Sam:)

·
Secret Agent
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
3,654 Posts
The Jay Hatfield dealer north of Pittsburg?

·
Secret Agent
3,654 Posts
If that's the place, the boys and I stopped by there Saturday. That place was bare! A couple dirt bikes, 5 street bikes(mt09, and 4 Kawasaki ninja's in the 400-600 range and two used spiders. Would have made a nice roller rink inside!

Salesman said no faster than stuff comes in, it's either sold or gone in a couple days.

·
8,709 Posts
That's the place!
I was there a month ago on a Thursday and they had maybe 75% of the showroom full, with all kinds of ATV's, Side by sides, maybe 40 motorcycles and 12 Spyder's.

When I went in 2 days later on a Saturday to pickup my new Spyder, the place was almost empty!!!

How is Kirby's stock?

Sam:)

·
Secret Agent
3,654 Posts
From what I hear, kirby's has maybe 6 used bikes and some utv's.

I see Ford and GM have layed off thousands in Kansas City due to lack of parts availability and shutting down assembly lines. I was hoping things would be looking up by now....

·
American Legion Rider & sub-Administrator
24,212 Posts
From what I hear, kirby's has maybe 6 used bikes and some utv's.

I see Ford and GM have layed off thousands in Kansas City due to lack of parts availability and shutting down assembly lines. I was hoping things would be looking up by now....
With dumbocrats at the helm, not hardly. Trump showed them how it’s done but they want to bring anything and everything to their knees instead.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I get 65 mpg on my Honda CB500FA ABS 2019 and 38 mpg on my Suzuki GSXS1000 2019.

·
On The Road Again!
3,892 Posts
I get 42 mpg, day in and day out, on my 1500 Goldwing that weighs over 900 pounds.
Really makes me wonder about some of these lighter bikes that have smaller engines but use so much more fuel.

·
Visionary
4,782 Posts
I get 41.5 on my black vision and 42.5 on my blue one. Cruising at 70-85 mph on the interstate they are remarkably consistent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Visionary
4,782 Posts
I get 42 mpg, day in and day out, on my 1500 Goldwing that weighs over 900 pounds.
Really makes me wonder about some of these lighter bikes that have smaller engines but use so much more fuel.
I sometimes wonder why all bikes don’t get better mileage. Even a rolling BarcaLounger like a Goldwing or Vision still weighs 1/4 of what a car weighs yet barely beats them in mileage.
Why aren’t there 100+ mpg interstate capable commuting bikes? It sure seems like this should be possible.

·
On The Road Again!
3,892 Posts
I sometimes wonder why all bikes don’t get better mileage. Even a rolling BarcaLounger like a Goldwing or Vision still weighs 1/4 of what a car weighs yet barely beats them in mileage.
Why aren’t there 100+ mpg interstate capable commuting bikes? It sure seems like this should be possible.
I agree, Mike. Where is all that gas going? Out the tailpipe unburned?
It has to be going somewhere.

·
24,212 Posts
36 to 48 depending on how much that little twisty thing on the right handlebar gets used. I think the bike is fairly well broken in now.

·
Visionary
4,782 Posts
36 to 48 depending on how much that little twisty thing on the right handlebar gets used. I think the bike is fairly well broken in now.
You get much better mileage on your Indian than Candy does on hers. Ever since she did all the upgrades she’s lucky to get 40 and that one day in South Dakota when we ran at 100 mph for a whole tank I think she barely broke 30. I think her tune is rich. I keep telling her to get it dynoed but she never does. Oh well, her bike, her choice. It does go like a scalded cat though, I don’t even try to race her anymore, it’s embarrassing

·
24,212 Posts
I don’t even try to race her anymore, it’s embarrassing
I know that feeling. I have friend with stock 014 Chieftain and he can pull away from me on a rolling start at 50mph until I hit 70mph then I start catching him. But that start makes me hang my head in shame.

1861 - 1880 of 1911 Posts