1 - 20 of 1973 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
'02 Triumph Sprint ST= 48-51 MPG
'98 BMW R1200C = 45-48 MPG
'01 Kawasaki KLR650 = 55-62 MPG
'00 Kawasaki ZR-7 = 33-38 MPG

These figures are while riding a mix of city & rush-hour highway with top speeds varying from 55-80 MPH.

Tim

·
2005 Suzuki C50 Boulevard
338 Posts
2005 Suzuki C50 Boulevard. 5 speed shaft. All stock.

46-54 mpg based on two fill ups. The lower fill up after puttering around in town. The higher on the highway doing 55-70 mph. I average 60-65 mph going to and from work.
The dealer said mid to high 40s mpg. I was there today, told him what I was getting and he said some people report the same.

·
Certified Homeless Biker
2,556 Posts
I get around 60mpg half city half highway. I think I can get it to around 70 if I redo the engine or take it easy

·
Registered
189 Posts
Quick question, what's the best way to measure your gas mileage? When I fill up, I pull the hose guard back so I can see how much gas is in the tank, and I never top it off, so how do you measure the number of gallons you've used over a certain distance?

In my car I try to go to the same pump and set it to auto, when it clicks off that's when it's done filling and I take the reading of gallons put in.

·
Gone
23,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What's the best way to measure your gas mileage?
Fill your tank full. (Up to the top of the nozzle restrictor)
Reset your trip odometer, or write down your miles.
Ride ride ride. Ride some more. (Until nearly empty)
Fill your tank again to the same spot.
Note the number of gallons it took to fill.
Divide the miles ridden by the number of gallons it took to fill the tank. The answer is your MPG.

1 - 20 of 1973 Posts