Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was helping my friend shop for a liter bike and he really likes the ZX10R but after doing some research it seems that the zx10r is outclassed by almost every other liter bike out there. mobdro
I thought Kawasaki was always pushing the limits with their bikes? Why is the ZX10R so unim https://pnrstatus.vip/pressive (on paper at least) when compared to the other bikes. And does the ZX10R do anything better than the other liter bikes?
For instance the R1 is considered one the best handling liter bikes there is and has a crossplane crank which sounds amazing.
The honda has like 215 horsepower. https://sarkariresult.onl/
And the suzuki has a lot of power and technology and at a really affordable price.
The ZX10R just doesn't seem to have any feathers in its cap.
(Also i'm just referring to the Japanese bikes).

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Why is the ZX10R so unimpressive (on paper at least) when compared to the other bikes.
Because stats don't tell the whole story and what a bike feels like to a specific rider. With that level of performance, you really are splitting hairs, i.e. a 10.4 quarter mile vs. a 10.2. 99.9% of the time, you will not be able to utilize the full potential of any sport bike...

·
Registered
97 CBR900RR, 98 GL1500C, 98 VFR800, 05 VTX1800
381 Posts
The performance specs of liter bikes are pretty useless if you're road riding. You're not going to be tapping half the bikes potential unless you put it on the track. I'd be more concerned with reliability, comfort, cornering feel and styling than bhp, torque, etc. The torque doesn't kick in till higher rpm anyways.

That being said, the r1 has been voted the best in class for years, but by people looking at track performance. People looking at road use tend towards the zx10r and fireblade

·
Registered
62 Posts
Define outclassed, these bikes are so similar you're splitting hairs comparing specs. Go to a dealership and sit on the different bikes or test ride if you can. Get the bike which feels the best to you, I can tell you right now a 2% power difference is not going to matter to you if your 2% faster bike gets totally uncomfortable after riding for 20 minutes.

·
Premium Member
9,867 Posts
A while back a bike magazine took 4 bikes to the track. They were surprised that the fastest bike around the track, was not the fastest bike going by the specs, of horsepower and torque.
The fastest bike had the lowest seat height, and weighed the least. It also fit better for the job at hand. An example of this might be my XS400 that tends to push my knees out, and my SV1000 that I can clamp on to. There are many variables. All the inline fours are faster than my V twin Suzuki above 150. My Suzuki weighs less and is easier to push out of the garage and on my gravel drive.
How often will you be riding above 150 on the public highways. 90 is usually a typical high speed for cruising. Many of the bikes with large fairings get out of attitude around 120, so you will be in a select group above that. You also move from speeding to excessive speed, to dangerous riding, which is a criminal offense here. That goes on your record and can create all kinds of problems.

UK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts