Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Personally I like bright colors on bikes. I had a yellow SR500, another SR with flames painted on the tank, a red/white/blue Honda Nighthawk S, and like the bright Ninja... but that's me.

There is some goofy fix with a lot of riders on black bikes. Personally I dislike them in general. Black shows every swirl and defect in the paint, as do all dark colors, it's just the worst. The bright colors like yellow, orange, and red won't show swirls and light scratches in paint.

I will mention I had a friend who didn't particularly like yellow bikes, but ended up with a yellow 750 Nighthawk and loved the look with the black engine.

It's all about what YOU like. Go check it out and if YOU like it in yellow that is good. If not, walk away. My friend sold his 750 and one of the guys that looked at it simply walked away because he wanted red and red only. I did the same when I was looking at Nighthawk Ss again (sold mine when I got laid off years ago). I would only take the 1986 red/white/blue model or one of the Zephyr 550s. I could find other Nighthawk Ss, but not the r/w/b model. The Zephyr showed up first so I got it.

Now on that specific bike, if he has papers showing service records and it's as nice as it looks, it seems to be a great buy. You couldn't get a 250 for that price. Look at mufflers, shifter brake lever tip, foot pegs, fork ends, and brake calipers for scratches from going down. If all is clean or if evidence of only tip overs, that is probably a good choice - provided you like the yellow.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I think it's one of the best colors on that bike - it looks best in lighter, brighter colors in my opinion. I thought I'd get tired of my Screaming Lime bike, but I've grown to really like it.

·
2,120 Posts
If there was a smiley that pukes projectile vomit all over the place, now would be the time to use it.

It's not just the color though, I just don't care for those bikes much to begin with. Don't get me wrong, it's a great starter bike, but I think they look best in a dumpster.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Everybody knows that yellow is the fastest color :biggrin: Seriously though consider the added visabilty on the street. Yellow stands out alot more than other colors.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
If there was a smiley that pukes projectile vomit all over the place, now would be the time to use it.

It's not just the color though, I just don't care for those bikes much to begin with. Don't get me wrong, it's a great starter bike, but I think they look best in a dumpster.

Come on, quit beating around the bush... tell us what you really think! :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Everybody knows that yellow is the fastest color :biggrin: Seriously though consider the added visabilty on the street. Yellow stands out alot more than other colors.
I'd buy it, then go get a couple big Chiquita stickers made up at the local sign shop to put on the side of it... and I'm serious! :thumbsup:

I have this tendency to do things like that -

Having worn Chucks for the past nearly 40 years, it had to be done. I made the graphics in CorelDRAW and had the stickers made.

Here's another that will end up on my bikes and helmets too.

Sort of to give props to my dad for letting me litter his garage with my stuff over the past 38 years.

Here's one I did for Kawasaki's like the old school design, but with the checkers, like a had I have.

It would be a nice design on a bike like that Ninja. I have it in CorelDRAW if a sign company could make it for you. Corel is a common graphics program for that sort of stuff. They could do it off the jpeg, but then you might have to pay art fees. My file will go direct, no art fees, if they use Corel. It is available no charge.

Still, the Chiquita would be cool... Team Chiquita!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think that color looks great in general, not even just on sport bikes. It's almost like a deep yellow or burnt yellow. Very nice IMO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts