Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2015 BMW K1600GTL & 2008 Harley Davidson Dyna Super Glide Custom
1,451 Posts
Why? Does that definitely mean that it was stolen? He posted the VIN also
Stolen? No, it doesn't. But no title means it might be, or the title might not be clear, or it might not be his to sell...a missing title can be easily replaced by the legitimate owner, so stating it's missing and not applying for a new one is a (huge) red flag. There are so many bikes available. Find one that has the correct paperwork and, if possible, one that doesn't need work. Something sitting for that long is going to need work once you start riding it.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 YAMAHA MT-03
23 Posts
I think I would have to agree with Vistavette....also the mileage at 300miles for a 2009.
<QUICK MATH>
2009-2021 is a 12 year gap.
Take 300 miles divide by those 12 years and this person supposedly only drove that thing 25 miles a year on average. or let it sit for 11 years after riding it one year, in which case I would assume that everything would be hella seized up.

But let's be real, that thing is more than likely stolen, "NO TITLE, ONLY 60 MILES, WAS ABANDON"
So he technically admits to stealing it and he just wants a quick buck. Does this person have all their teeth?

Then he states it sat for9 years and hes had it for 1. thats only 10 of the 12. what happened the other 2.

If it sat for 9 years then that thing would be in **** shape, dry rotted tires. that blue would not be shiny if it sat with a cover on it for 9 years solid.

Also...who"abandons" a brand new motorcycle.

Your call but I would hard pass that thing.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It will need work. I'm a new rider also and wanted to ride, not spend weeks working on a bike.

The title can be a problem. It very likely isn't stolen, but this happens a lot. Possession alone doesn't give you rights to ownership. Without a title, you won't be able to legally license it in most states. There's the Vermont hoopfest, but as said, there are other options for a little more money to make sure all is legit.

·
Secret Agent
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
4,438 Posts
Yeah, beautiful color.

If they go to the trouble to title and tag, it'd be ok. But no title, easy pass.

·
Registered
2009 HD superglide FXD.
740 Posts
I specifically want a 250 Rebel, but what do you think about the condition it's in? View attachment 68425

yeah the no title would be a hang up for me, to. When i wanted a bike I didnt care what it was, and i found the bike. Keep looking, and you will find your bike, and even better, a bike with a title. Thats a bare minimum dociment. And i cant say about where you live, but here mitercycle theft is so bad they tell you to just claim it on insurance because ince the bike is fone its gone. You could be buying a stolen bike, which is a hassle. I would forget that qnd keep looking.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Once upon a time in my younger years, I bought a car with a screwed up title. I think I knew better but I really wanted that car. I drove it for a short time but every time I saw a cop, I just knew he was going to stop me and I would get all kinds of tickets for not properly licensing the darn thing.

I ended up selling the thing real cheap to a guy that gutted it out and made a dirt track stock car out of it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Once upon a time in my younger years, I bought a car with a screwed up title. I think I knew better but I really wanted that car. I drove it for a short time but every time I saw a cop, I just knew he was going to stop me and I would get all kinds of tickets for not properly licensing the darn thing.

I ended up selling the thing real cheap to a guy that gutted it out and made a dirt track stock car out of it.
Run away as fast as you can AND Don't look back a bike with out a title is more often than not a HUGE money pit filled with nothin but regret and sorrow. AND trying to obtain a title is very expensive and takes months to get. Lived that nightmare never again.

·
Registered
79 Cb750f
615 Posts
You really want it?
Get the vin number. Go to the local State Police Barrack.
Tell them you want to buy it, where it is and who the current owner is.
Have them check it for stolen.
Go to the local DMV or MVA, whatever it's called in your area.
Tell them the vin number, or what it will take to get a duplicate title.
I've used Title companies to bypass the DMV, sometimes it's more expensive but less hassle.

Be up front. Find out what it takes. If it's stolen, at least the original owner will get it back.

That's a good looking, low hours bike.

·
Registered
2005 Suzuki C90T
642 Posts
Perfect except for no tile. If you buy it, you will not be the owner, no matter how much cash you fork over to someone. With a title and a little bit of work, it's a perfect 1st bike. Heck, it's a perfect second bike for easy toodling around locally, it it had a title.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Inquire about why it has no title. My guess is the seller will say they don't want the hassle of getting it but any legit owner/seller could and should. Maybe offer to pay the price of a new title by meeting at the DMV. If he says no, that's all you need to know and walk away.

·
Registered
2005 Suzuki C90T
642 Posts
I actully bought a no title bike. I was young and the guy told me he'd send it to me but kept delaying. I found out he still had a loan on it that he had quit paying. I rode it around town till the tags were expired, then sold it to a guy for what I paid for it. He didn't care about no title.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts