Motorcycle Forum banner
11901 - 11920 of 11937 Posts

· Registered
2018 Yamaha SVTC
451 Posts
That’s neat. My wife has the same 2 zone million color app controlled light system, it works very well, maybe we should get some more and do her windshield too, I like it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s not difficult, but the key is you MUST have a clear windshield. Any tint will skew the light wavelength and not give you what you’re looking for.

· Premium Member
2018 Kawasaki NINJA 650 ABS KRT
1,344 Posts
Had an excuse to do errands in the twisties today! Rode 140.7 miles when I could've done the same thing in the city for less than 100 miles and only about 7 miles of twisties, but where's the fun in that??? :ROFLMAO: I also started planning my bike trip this year to include both the Tail of the Dragon and Back of the Dragon!:cool::cool::cool: And I got wind of the rumored ZX4R so I've spent waaay too much time ogling that and fantasizing about how to make one MINE!!!:D:D:D

· Registered
Anything 50 cc up to 450 cc dirt , Streeters from 150 cc scooter up to Honda Shadow . In stock ..
1,146 Posts
Had an excuse to do errands in the twisties today! Rode 140.7 miles when I could've done the same thing in the city for less than 100 miles and only about 7 miles of twisties, but where's the fun in that??? :ROFLMAO: I also started planning my bike trip this year to include both the Tail of the Dragon and Back of the Dragon!:cool::cool::cool: And I got wind of the rumored ZX4R so I've spent waaay too much time ogling that and fantasizing about how to make one MINE!!!:D:D:D
Where are these great riding areas ?

· On The Road Again!
4,156 Posts
And I got wind of the rumored ZX4R so I've spent waaay too much time ogling that and fantasizing about how to make one MINE!!!:D:D:D
All it takes is money....lots and lots of money.
Start accumulating some.

Reactions: bweighmaster

· Visionary
5,650 Posts
I haven't done anything special recently, just work commuting, but I have been enjoying the lovely weather ( for Pennsylvania in January), 40F is great to ride in. I did stop on the way home yesterday for a 50 pound bag of dog food. After I paid the cashier in the store was giving me a weird look out the window as I headed to the bike, you'd think she never saw someone throw a sack of something on the back seat of a motorcycle before. :cool:
Today it had rained overnight and the roads were wet when I rode in at 0430 but with it this warm I had no worries about ice, and no heated gear is required in these mild conditions which saves me a few minutes.
Hopefully February is just as kind.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

· Registered
200 Posts
Was doing some chores in the shop today, so I opened up the big door, rolled Bike over so the exhaust was pointed out, got him started and let him run for a while. He didn't want to wake up easily, took a few tries to cough to life, but then was happy to sit there and idle. Yes, I was sorely tempted to try and head down the road a little, but brother was here to help me install the shop heater I bought, so it was chores instead of riding. This time.

· Registered
196 Posts
Today I tried diagnosing my electrical problem and I found two separate problems-- my radiator fan wasn't working because the power wire going to it was physically chewed and frayed by the fan blade at a place where I couldn't see it behind the frame. But I felt it with my fingers and then repaired the damage and used electrical tape and zip ties to keep that wire out of the fan blades' reach.

This also caused a couple of short circuits, blowing two fuses in the last week. I replaced the fan motor fuse again today.

Second problem was the positive wire to my license plate illumination bulb was separating at the spade connector joint.
I ripped those connector ends out and twisted the wires together by hand, and now it seems to work.

Also, I started the bike and let it run in my driveway for 10 minutes. But my gravel driveway was too wet and muddy for me to try to take this bike out on the street and I was doing all this work after dark anyway and I don't wanna ride after dark until I get more experience.

· Visionary
5,650 Posts
Today I tried diagnosing my electrical problem and I found two separate problems-- my radiator fan wasn't working because the power wire going to it was physically chewed and frayed by the fan blade at a place where I couldn't see it behind the frame. But I felt it with my fingers and then repaired the damage and used electrical tape and zip ties to keep that wire out of the fan blades' reach.

This also caused a couple of short circuits, blowing two fuses in the last week. I replaced the fan motor fuse again today.

Second problem was the positive wire to my license plate illumination bulb was separating at the spade connector joint.
I ripped those connector ends out and twisted the wires together by hand, and now it seems to work.

Also, I started the bike and let it run in my driveway for 10 minutes. But my gravel driveway was too wet and muddy for me to try to take this bike out on the street and I was doing all this work after dark anyway and I don't wanna ride after dark until I get more experience.
Replace that twisted wire connection with a proper connection or you will have trouble in the future.
Best I have found is using solder splices, these things are awesome, you slip them on, heat gun them, the low temp solder melts and joins the wires , the tubing shrinks as the glue inside strain reliefs and waterproofs the joint. These have proven 100% reliable, just buy the right size for the wires your splicing.
You can get them many places including Amazon

· Registered
2018 Yamaha SVTC
451 Posts
Replace that twisted wire connection with a proper connection or you will have trouble in the future.
Best I have found is using solder splices, these things are awesome, you slip them on, heat gun them, the low temp solder melts and joins the wires , the tubing shrinks as the glue inside strain reliefs and waterproofs the joint. These have proven 100% reliable, just buy the right size for the wires your splicing.
You can get them many places including Amazon

I just got me a box of 500 of those delivered last Wednesday.

· Registered
2,095 Posts
Never heard of them before - found them available here online and have ordered - very cool!
Thanks mate. (y)

11901 - 11920 of 11937 Posts