Motorcycle Forum banner
11881 - 11900 of 11937 Posts

· Registered
Anything 50 cc up to 450 cc dirt , Streeters from 150 cc scooter up to Honda Shadow . In stock ..
1,146 Posts
Today I sent off 2 bikes to a new home .... 1 PW80 , 1 CRF 125 LE ... Dad was more excited than the kid ..... Now maybe I can sell the TTR 230 And buy a newer one ....

· Visionary
5,650 Posts
How did you edge light the windshield? That’s a new one on me.
I like the all lights go red when braking, my wife has her Chieftain set up that way too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ChiefGunner

· Registered
Anything 50 cc up to 450 cc dirt , Streeters from 150 cc scooter up to Honda Shadow . In stock ..
1,146 Posts
It's just stupid people doing stupid people things ... You gotta be on the offensive every second . Driving , walking , or just sitting trying to get a bite to eat .... Unfortunate times ..

· Registered
2018 Yamaha SVTC
451 Posts
How did you edge light the windshield? That’s a new one on me.
I like the all lights go red when braking, my wife has her Chieftain set up that way too.

Well first off Mike, there are manufacturers who make an edge light kit but they are all limited to only 4 color choices. Since my entire bike is done using XKGlow lighting, I had some extra 10” strips and cables left over. I place the strip along the bottom of the windshield facing in towards it and contacting it. Then I covered with rubber trim to seal the light from going anywhere else. Ran the cables and tied into the appropriate “zone” I wanted. As you can see I have dual zone. ZONE 1 is engine area and ZONE 2 is everything else. The lights are app controlled and I have 22 million color choices and wanted everything to match.
Here’s something to be aware of… it does not work on a tinted windshield. I tried it on my stock one which was very lightly tinted and it would only let a certain light wavelength pass through producing a dull bluish white color regardless of the color input. When I ordered my ClearView windshield, I ordered a “true clear” with the idea of doing this.

I should mention that the light will shine out through any “gouge” not just the edge. I’ve seen people who have had really cool scenes lightly etched in the lower part of the windshield (didn’t obstruct view) but it lights up just like the edge.
YES, my wife asked if we were going to do that. 😁

· Registered
1,146 Posts
Well first off Mike, there are manufacturers who make an edge light kit but they are all limited to only 4 color choices. Since my entire bike is done using XKGlow lighting, I had some extra 10” strips and cables left over. I place the strip along the bottom of the windshield facing in towards it and contacting it. Then I covered with rubber trim to seal the light from going anywhere else. Ran the cables and tied into the appropriate “zone” I wanted. As you can see I have dual zone. ZONE 1 is engine area and ZONE 2 is everything else. The lights are app controlled and I have 22 million color choices and wanted everything to match.
Here’s something to be aware of… it does not work on a tinted windshield. I tried it on my stock one which was very lightly tinted and it would only let a certain light wavelength pass through producing a dull bluish white color regardless of the color input. When I ordered my ClearView windshield, I ordered a “true clear” with the idea of doing this.

I should mention that the light will shine out through any “gouge” not just the edge. I’ve seen people who have had really cool scenes lightly etched in the lower part of the windshield (didn’t obstruct view) but it lights up just like the edge.
YES, my wife asked if we were going to do that. 😁
That would be cool . Post pics ....

· Registered
1978 Honda CX500, 1983 Honda GL650I
106 Posts
You can probably use NGK aftermarket replacements.
You can get them straight, 90 like these and 45 too. Price is a little high on these.
A bike shop with a well stocked parts department should have them in stock at around $5.
S F
David Silver Spares has aftermarket replacements for the CX500 and variants. They're sans resistor, so I run them with R plugs.

· Registered
1978 Honda CX500, 1983 Honda GL650I
106 Posts
Today, I was going to reassemble my carburetors, now that the bits are all cleaned and polished. Instead I got sidetracked by pleasant family obligations. Maybe over a couple evenings this week...

· Registered
2,095 Posts
One of the problems with motorcycle parking here is that there are very few places with parking, and those that have parking only provide a small space. Consequently, many bikes are parked close together.

Guys here really don't care if they scratch your bike, knock off a mirror or break an indicator because most of their bikes are old or already damaged.

I usually try to park as far away from other bikes as possible, but as luck would have it, I still returned to my little CR to see the front indicator broken.

So I bought some CNC aluminium LED indicators that won't break.

They are PnP and only took a few minutes to install.
Road surface Flooring Gas Sidewalk Cylinder
Bicycle Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle handlebar Automotive lighting

· Visionary
5,650 Posts

YES, my wife asked if we were going to do that.
That’s neat. My wife has the same 2 zone million color app controlled light system, it works very well, maybe we should get some more and do her windshield too, I like it!

Reactions: ChiefGunner

· Zip
3,191 Posts
After my ride on January 2, Emma Gray was pretty dirty:
Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive lighting

I'm thinking about going for a ride tomorrow with a friend, so I thought I'd clean up the bike a little bit.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

This is the first bath she's had since late 2021!

11881 - 11900 of 11937 Posts