Motorcycle Forum banner
11601 - 11620 of 11712 Posts

·
Registered
Anything 50 cc up to 450 cc dirt , Streeters from 150 cc scooter up to Honda Shadow . In stock ..
883 Posts
We'll likely spend time about 85 miles east of San Antonio .
We're retired full time RVers , so I guess that would fall into the 'pleasure' category .
And , we can't stay in Texas too long or they'll think we're residents . ;)
Last winter we spent time in Falfurrias , but that's as far south as we went .
I'm all the way down , Mission , we have a RV Camping area right on the river ...,

·
Registered
2018 Yamaha SVTC
573 Posts
Well, since I’ve been down from the accident I’ve had nothing but time to sit Sooo, I finally got around to start polishing all the dull brushed looking trim on the bike. So far I think it’s coming out good. And yes, I’m going to polish the floorboards as well.
Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Tread

Fuel tank Wheel Tire Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
Anything 50 cc up to 450 cc dirt , Streeters from 150 cc scooter up to Honda Shadow . In stock ..
883 Posts

·
Registered
1978 Honda CX500, 1983 Honda GL650I
88 Posts
We're talking about ambients differing by almost 50° on given days ....
Elevation about equal ....,
So, you might need a little choke on a cold morning. Temperature doesn't affect fuel-air mixture.
Regardless, a Minnesota bike with that low mileage only ever saw Texas weather, anyway.

·
Registered
883 Posts
So, you might need a little choke on a cold morning. Temperature doesn't affect fuel-air mixture.
Regardless, a Minnesota bike with that low mileage only ever saw Texas weather, anyway.
In Texas , I never use choke on my other Shadow ...Don't need it on the new one , But does need a slight adjustment ..., The bike had 18,000 Minnesota miles ..., It does'nt get cold in my area . Unless you call 55° cold ....,

·
Registered
768 Posts
Yesterday was probably the last day in the 50°Fs here until at least March and though it rained most of the day, I did find a break to get the gas tank filled. Since it looks like it's not going to get much above 30°F, at least for the next 10 days, today I changed the oil, put in the Stabil and hooked up the battery tenderer. I'll see you in March/April. :cry:

·
Registered
883 Posts
Yesterday was probably the last day in the 50°Fs here until at least March and though it rained most of the day, I did find a break to get the gas tank filled. Since it looks like it's not going to get much above 30°F, at least for the next 10 days, today I changed the oil, put in the Stabil and hooked up the battery tenderer. I'll see you in March/April. :cry:
Hey , don't just put us in the closet ..., We need interaction ...., LOL ....,

·
Registered
1978 Honda CX500, 1983 Honda GL650I
88 Posts
In Texas , I never use choke on my other Shadow ...Don't need it on the new one , But does need a slight adjustment ..., The bike had 18,000 Minnesota miles ..., It does'nt get cold in my area . Unless you call 55° cold ....,
55 is downright balmy this time of year. In five months that will be t-shirt weather.
A 50 degree swing one day to the next isn't uncommon here in spring and fall.
Low mileage riders are almost always fair weather only. I suspect your bike was only ridden June thru August, when it's hot here. My annual group ride in 2021 saw 104F on June 6th!

·
Registered
883 Posts
55 is downright balmy this time of year. In five months that will be t-shirt weather.
A 50 degree swing one day to the next isn't uncommon here in spring and fall.
Low mileage riders are almost always fair weather only. I suspect your bike was only ridden June thru August, when it's hot here. My annual group ride in 2021 saw 104F on June 6th!
Yep , original owner , 18,000 mi. In 13 yrs... I think you're right ....

·
Administrator - American Legion Rider - KA5LRS
28,626 Posts
I never used the choke on my VTX1300. Did once and learned the hard way. Fouled 2 or the 4 spark plugs. Never used the choke again.

·
Secret Agent
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
5,147 Posts
Got one last ride in to work yesterday. Started out dry, in the 70's. By quiting time it had rained/was raining and 49.

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive tire Vehicle

Taken by one of my envious coworkers that thought I didn't check the weather. I had rain gear, but it wasn't raining that hard. It was also uniform day, that's why I have the trailer.

Today is sunshine, high of 42, lows for the next two weeks in the teens and twenties. Filled up my tank last night and used my fuel conditioner in case is here to stay.

11601 - 11620 of 11712 Posts