Motorcycle Forum banner
11581 - 11600 of 11937 Posts

· On The Road Again!
4,156 Posts
Nice! That's practically a brand new bike!
Amazing how some people buy these things new and hardly ride 'em.

· Visionary
5,650 Posts
70 degrees at 0400 today, wet but that's OK, I'll take it.
So did everyone else apparently, the bike parking was FULL at work!
A bit of a change, 42F this morning!
Still a nice ride into work but just a wee bit cooler. :cool:

Reactions: maxpressure805

· Premium Member
2018 Kawasaki NINJA 650 ABS KRT
1,342 Posts
Trailered mine to the shop for the drain hole repair. Decided to go with the Time -Sert, assuming it's an option for my bike (( pretty likely) At least it'll be an upgrade and not feel like a total waste of money. Some solace in that. :)

· Visionary
5,650 Posts
I was going to say the same thing.
We see so many people with bikes that are many years old, but with very low miles.
They buy 'em but hardly ride 'em.
AMEN! Bikes are meant to be ridden!
Sometimes I feel bad telling people that my 2016 Vision (bought new in 2018) only has 65K on it, and end up explaining that I also put 100K on my 08 ( currently at 142k) and 30K on my kingpin in that same timeframe.

This guy knows how to wear out a bike.... Chris Hopper, the only person to ever ride an IBA documented 100,000 miles in 100 days.

Rectangle Font Parallel Writing Number

· Zip
3,191 Posts
I had to go into the office today, and naturally I rode. Beautiful blue sky and 46 degrees this morning, and 66 degrees for the ride home in the afternoon. After being sidelined last week with COVID it was nice to get back in the saddle!

The new Dunlop Roadsmart IV tires seem to give a lighter handling feel than the Roadsmart II and III that they replaced. Of course, pretty much any new tire feels lots better than pretty much any old tire.

· Registered
Anything 50 cc up to 450 cc dirt , Streeters from 150 cc scooter up to Honda Shadow . In stock ..
1,141 Posts
I changed oil & filter on the newbie , installed Texas plates .. took off saddlebags ... Then , new headlight , Blue one did'nt cut it .. now to ride , and adjust headlight .....,

· Registered
2020 Harley Davidson CVO Road Glide
14 Posts
This guy knows how to wear out a bike.... Chris Hopper, the only person to ever ride an IBA documented 100,000 miles in 100 days.

View attachment 77048
I chat with Chris every now and then on Facebook. Looking forward to meeting him at the Annual Taco Run next year. Seems like a nice guy and an absolute freak of a rider.

· Administrator - American Legion Rider - KA5LRS
22,558 Posts
I finally got in a little 70 mile ride yesterday in 78º partly cloudy weather. First time I've been on the trike since my minor foot operation that took me completely off my feet and still isn't right but guess I'll get used to it.

Reactions: mike721

· Visionary
5,650 Posts
This morning was wildlife day apparently in NE Pennsylvania and NW New Jersey.
I was a bit later than usual and left around 0420.
The best sighting was the first.
I rode to the end of my block and at the stop sign a HUGE gray/brown owl flew across the intersection just a few feet in front of me at eye level and continued down the road into the dark, it was an epic sight and they are pretty unusual to see around here, I was impressed.
I turned right and on the the next block had our usual morning deer herd sighting, about 6 or 7 and they work their way through the development every morning so that wasn't a surprise seeing them somewhere. They were well behaved and watched me from a front yard as I rode past.
A gray feral cat that I see often ran across the road in front of me, again he's a local resident so no big surprise.
1/2 mile away I was riding down the hill, and a beautiful red fox walked across the road, I slowed down to let it pass.
1/4 mile past that there was a skunk standing on the side of the road, I gave him plenty of room as I passed.
1 mile away in New Jersey I was going up the hill after crossing the bridge and I almost hit an opossum that was crossing the road.
I was watching for a bear to show up next but they must have been hiding.

I love riding in the pre dawn hours, so much is going on that people never see. It was a beautiful day, cool but not cold at 33F, crystal clear with the stars blazing overhead.

Reactions: Randall-in-Mpls

· Registered
Anything 50 cc up to 450 cc dirt , Streeters from 150 cc scooter up to Honda Shadow . In stock ..
1,141 Posts
I finally got in a little 70 mile ride yesterday in 78º partly cloudy weather. First time I've been on the trike since my minor foot operation that took me completely off my feet and still isn't right but guess I'll get used to it.
I've been gettin used to mine since 2007 , Dammed thing ain't right yet ...., But mine was'nt minor ....,

· Registered
878 Posts
Where you headed ? Business ? Pleasure ? Permanantly ? Look me up if you go all the way South .....,
We'll likely spend time about 85 miles east of San Antonio .
We're retired full time RVers , so I guess that would fall into the 'pleasure' category .
And , we can't stay in Texas too long or they'll think we're residents . ;)
Last winter we spent time in Falfurrias , but that's as far south as we went .

11581 - 11600 of 11937 Posts