Motorcycle Forum banner
11341 - 11360 of 11456 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
"Then a ride to the Pub to check all was ok?" R U in England?
It just seems like a well-used expression over there. I hope to visit there sometime.
Yes.
Isle of Axholm, Lincolnshire, England.
"Then a ride to the Pub to check all was ok?" R U in England?
It just seems like a well-used expression over there. I hope to visit there sometime.
Yes.
Isle of Axholme, Lincolnshire, England.

·
Biker
1,834 Posts
Well, I never found the wire in harness for f. brakelight sw. to work brake lite, but ohmed out the sw.
and worked the plunger. sw. IS good. fed its orange wire with 12v+ and ran a new wire from its red to
a black wire tie wrapped along harness and tied in w red wire from rear br. sw. and it is working. . .
possibly when fr. master cyl is rebuilt lever will push se. in all the way or arm that works sw.plunger
on lever can be built up with JBweld as some have done.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Didn't do anything to the bike today, but I did ride it. Felt a little cool when I got it out of the trailer so I before I left I put on my jean jacket. It was enough but the temps were coming up and shortly after noon, that jacket had to come off. I filled up with fuel, made a payment on the hospital bill and then took the long way home.

Didn't ride long or far, been having a little intestinal problem. Nothing some special chocolate can't take care of.

·
Premium Member
2018 Kawasaki NINJA 650 ABS KRT
1,333 Posts
Had to make a quick bike repair. Friday I broke the cargo strap buckle on the inside of my left pannier.:poop: Picked up a parachute buckle at Wally World and got it fixed moments ago. Turned out to be sewing involved....:poop::eek::poop::eek::poop::eek: Fortunately, it was one of those sewing jobs where it doesn't matter how it looks because that's the only kind of sewing I do.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Hood Trunk Automotive design Automotive exterior Bumper

Can you tell which ones are my handiwork??:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Visionary
6,007 Posts
Had to make a quick bike repair. Friday I broke the cargo strap buckle on the inside of my left pannier.:poop: Picked up a parachute buckle at Wally World and got it fixed moments ago. Turned out to be sewing involved....:poop::eek::poop::eek::poop::eek: Fortunately, it was one of those sewing jobs where it doesn't matter how it looks because that's the only kind of sewing I do.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
View attachment 75991
Can you tell which ones are my handiwork??:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Yes, yours are the ones that are working! Function is what counts!

• Love
Reactions: Retired Guy

·
Visionary
6,007 Posts
The first chilly ride to work of the fall, 54F at 0400. Heated seats and hand grips are a wonderful thing on a cool morning, especially when you forget to wear a real jacket and just throw the same mesh one you've been wearing all summer on and walk out the door.
:cool:
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Reactions: Doc Samson

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Realized my first real benefit of having a nekkid bike yesterday! Dropped the forks out and changed out the oil without needing to mess with a single piece of... oh, wait, I did have to remove the front fender plastic... but still, super easy and went smooth as butter. Was a little anxious since I'd never done it before...

Reactions: Retired Guy

·
Registered
Anything 50 cc up to 450 cc dirt , Streeters from 150 cc scooter up to Honda Shadow . In stock ..
474 Posts
Realized my first real benefit of having a nekkid bike yesterday! Dropped the forks out and changed out the oil without needing to mess with a single piece of... oh, wait, I did have to remove the front fender plastic... but still, super easy and went smooth as butter. Was a little anxious since I'd never done it before...
Thats why I prefer dirt bikes , . It just takes time , paitence .. Good job .....

·
Visionary
6,007 Posts
54 degrees with just a mesh jacket is dang cold !!! You are crazy Mike.
It was chilly, today I put the lining in my jacket even though it was warmer, about 64F.
Not that I ever denied being crazy :cool:

Reactions: Doc Samson

·
Biker
1,834 Posts
Well, I got my Fr. brake done yesterday, they rebuilt the master cyl.
I have forward controls on the sporty, somehow that pedal is way down.
I am going to get some DOT5 brake juice, adjust the linkage to bring
the pedal back up. I'm not using the Rear brake now. I am checking
out vids on doing this.

I did save a few hundred $$ getting my rear lites working, knowing how
to track/trace a circuit is a big+ So I have my rear dir.sigs working as
well as tail and brake lite. for 13$ I got a regular round red tail lite with
an 1157 bulb. I did see a guy who had a Dyna and installed a Model A
tail lamp that looked very nice.

it is not hard to do wiring on a bike if one had a color-coded diagram.
If u have a Harley, going by my service manual, the wiring diagram
stinx big time. Clymers does a great job. I used those blue tubular crimps
as twisting wires is good but the tape does unravel. So if I need to, I twist/
solder and slide shrink tube over the joint then heat it . Some ppl think that
because it is only 12 volts and ya can't get a shock, nuthin ta worry about.
That sort of attitude could have 1 standing by their bike out in the boonies
with a burnt-up harness. U never know when Murphy's law of something
going wrong is going to happen. Insulation on hook-up wire probably won't
go into flames, BUT it will melt very very fast.
wrong is going to happen

·
Biker
1,834 Posts
Well, I just took the ol' gurl out 4 a 20-mile ride ten miles 2c my Mom and back.
no problem w no rear brakes, just staying inside the speed limit and being very
aware of what's going down, downshifting helps. I will get them done but with all the
work, I wanted to just enjoy riding, a great bike for around town and beyond. She
has an oil change coming up in a day or so.

11341 - 11360 of 11456 Posts