Motorcycle Forum banner
11101 - 11116 of 11116 Posts

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Didn't get to the carwash, but after church I did ride with some friends up to Cassville, Missouri for lunch at a Mexican place. My wife drove up to get her mother's day dinner. Pretty sure she enjoyed it. The restaurant gave all the mothers a free fried ice cream!

I enjoyed the ride to church and to Cassville and I was invited to go along on another afternoon ride, but I decided against it. This morning the wife and I both woke up feeling a little sore. Only thing we could figure out, it was from the work we did yesterday. I was a bit "shaky" at slow speeds but I got home without dropping it. Overall, a pretty fair day.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Today I got my still unwashed bike out of the trailer and rode to the gym this morning. Good news, I didn't drop it. Then I went into the gym. I spent some time on a treadmill, worked on a couple of resistance machines they've got in there and then got on a machine that works out the legs.

When I finished, it was like I had rubber knees. I don't think I done anything wrong, but maybe I tried doing too much for the first time on it. When I finished I decided to go sit on one of the bicycle machines and use it for a little bit. After that I just did some regular walking.

After walking around the track a few times, my legs were starting to feel a little bit normal so I got a drink of water and found a nice comfortable place to sit for a while. Got into a conversation with some lady and, being the motormouth I can be, we sat there for about 45 minutes or so. Then I went back out to the parking lot.

Out in the parking lot I checked my phone for any messages, left my phone and glasses locked in the boot. No messages but got to talking with a man a few years older than me, about his 750 Honda he had back when he was in his 30's. And about his 450 Honda he had later.

He was waiting for me to leave. I don't know why, but after I started the bike and started backing out of my parking space, I was as tense as a tom cat. I was almost home when I remembered I had wanted to go to Lowe's and get some bolts, washers and nuts. So I decided to just keep going, go to Pea Ridge and see what the Ace Hardware has got.

About 2 miles past my house there was a big orange ROAD WORK AHEAD sign, just past that sign was the dreaded FRESH OIL sign. Brakes, left turn into a driveway, turn around, go home. I can get those bolts tomorrow, in the car.
Another good day, I didn't drop it.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Rode the wife's bike to the hospital to make a payment, and then to the gym. I've only been going to the gym when I can ride the bike.
I got the bolts I needed and they FRESH OIL on the roadway? They're filling up cracks in the road with tar. So it wasn't so bad, just a fresh crop of tar snakes.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha R7
1,710 Posts
That looks pretty good, so does your "table".
Thanks broo. It was very good. I got two and was stuffed after one gave the second one to some college kids. Thank you, ya not a bad table. It's not very flat, but it doubles as a teleporter.

·
Registered
7 Posts
OK, here are some pics from my travels. I'll try to get some more posted from my latest trip to Arizona. I don't take a lot of pictures anymore and I am not very handy with putting them on the computer or posting them. The last pic is from Yellowknife, Northwest Territory, Canada.
Water Sky Plant Natural landscape Wood
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire
Sky Mountain Cloud Wood Landscape
Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive lighting

Plant Sky Land vehicle Cloud Car

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
What did I do with the bike today? I've had an irritating problem since the first day I got it. The right side Vance & Hines slash cut oval slip on rattles. As a temporary fix, I have just jammed twigs in there so I don't have to listen to the tinny rattle, but they always vibrate out.

Today I went out to the trailer, let down the ramp and laid on it to get a good view of the situation. With flashlight, drill and bits, and impact driver at hand, I intended to fix it good, or fix it good, if you know what I mean. I already had a couple tec screws in it but one had broke off, so I put a new one it.

Well with a little piece of an inner tube and a screw up through it (thank Bazininja's husband for that suggestion) that rattling suckers days are over! Then I rode over to the carwash and washed it. Looks better even with a few water spots on it. I can get rid of those easy enough.

Tip: Bring a towel or shammy (like I intended to but didn't do) with you if you're going to the carwash with your bike, those covid masks just suck for drying. Anyhow, got out of town and, when no one else was around, run up to 70 - 75 MPH for a little bit, just to get the water off.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Tip: Bring a towel or shammy (like I intended to but didn't do) with you if you're going to the carwash with your bike, those covid masks just suck for drying. Anyhow, got out of town and, when no one else was around, run up to 70 - 75 MPH for a little bit, just to get the water off.
Your car wash doesn't have a spot free setting ?

Anyway , I rinsed a couple thousand miles of road grime off two of my bikes today .
Went for a short ride down by the river and started another bike that hadn't ran in almost 2 months . ;)

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
I wanted to ride to church today, but it's overcast and the forecast is for rain starting about 2 PM. However, that is too close for a fair weather rider and the porch is already wet from the rain we already got.

I wished I could be wrong as often as a weather man/woman/person/whatever, and still keep a job. (Before I retired, I mean.)

11101 - 11116 of 11116 Posts