Motorcycle Forum banner
10741 - 10760 of 10798 Posts

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Considering their intended use, I'm surprised that a trials bike even has a 5th gear.
lol ya if I ever hit 5th gear top speed and I'm not on the lake, I'd probably wrap myself around a tree.

My 4-stroke is way better in the winter because it likes to rev forever, the 2-stroke comes on so fast and hard they hit redline way quicker and run out of steam at high revs. The 2-stroke acceleration performance is more explosive, the 4-stroke acceleration is very linear giving it an advantage in poor traction conditions like mud or snow.

·
MOD / Rider / Mechanic
1,555 Posts
Got some bike goodies installed.

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Bumper Wood
Shoe Tire Automotive tire Wheel Automotive lighting
Vehicle Speedometer Odometer Light Motor vehicle

·
MOD / Rider / Mechanic
1,555 Posts

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Replaced about 40 tire screws today ready for riding tomorrow, it's suppose to warm up and some crazy enduro riders are coming out to play :cool:
and I bought a new chain, holy chain has got to be expensive or maybe it's just that everything has become expensive.

·
Visionary
5,535 Posts
Replaced about 40 tire screws today ready for riding tomorrow, it's suppose to warm up and some crazy enduro riders are coming out to play :cool:
and I bought a new chain, holy chain has got to be expensive or maybe it's just that everything has become expensive.
everything is expensive recently!

·
Visionary
5,535 Posts
Coldest day in 2 years here, challenge accepted :)

Funny thing I noticed, it's so cold the fluorescent lights in the parking lot are barely lit. :cool:

Product Font Map Screenshot Parallel
Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive lighting

·
On The Road Again!
4,462 Posts
The HIGH for the day yesterday (tuesday) was 13!
But it's warming up quickly today. Supposed to get into the high 30s.
And yes, many fluorescent lights do not like cold temperatures, even the ones that are designed for outdoor use.

·
Zip
2,679 Posts
Since the beginning of the year I've been working from home with the exception of a couple of days. Today a package I've been waiting for arrived at the office. Partly cloudy skies, temperature in the low 40's; you bet I rode!

But the ride was almost spoiled by speed traps. Lots of locals and staties along the highway. Fortunately for me they were all preoccupied with handing out performance awards to other contestants, so I zipped by unnoticed. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2015 custom/ modded Yamaha R3
1,514 Posts
Trust me broos. Be as lazy as youve ever wanted now. Winter sux! Just do enough to survive and live happy.

·
MOD / Rider / Mechanic
1,555 Posts
everything is expensive recently!
This was the most I ever paid for a luxury item on a motorcycle, it almost actually hurt.

Wish I could try it out but it has been way to cold for me the last few days in the single digits, and going back into the teens, but snow is unlikely though.

·
Registered
2018 Yamaha SVTC
122 Posts
Expensive? Live in Cali for 40+ years.
Yep! I did 31 years in San Diego. About 6 months before we left the main local news channel did an exposé: In 2009 it took a family of 4 CLEARING $70,000 a year just to meet basic minimum needs! It hasn’t gotten cheaper!

·
MOD / Rider / Mechanic
1,555 Posts
Expensive? Live in Cali for 40+ years.
That would be a whole lotta nope, only visited 2 times and it was alright except for the... expense. I prefer the Midwest and south and east. Seems like so many things I order comes from either California or China anyway.

10741 - 10760 of 10798 Posts