Motorcycle Forum banner
10601 - 10618 of 10618 Posts

·
Visionary
5,411 Posts
Mike, I thought you had indoor, undercover parking for the bike.
Why does that look like you are in an outdoor parking lot?

The angle I took that at was deceiving. That’s the end of the parking area inside the structure looking out the driveway. It’s a typical 5 story parking structure with roofs and decks but semi open sided.
I happen to have some pictures from other angles that show it more realistically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Maxpressure520

·
Ace Tuner
3,765 Posts
I went for a ride on my "like new to me" bike that I've owned for 17 YEARS now. Wow! Time flies.
It was like a new bike because I've neglected it so long that after servicing it... Hey, that new bike feel.
A couple of weeks ago I gave it some awesome tires and did all the required service except freeing the binding clutch cable and replacing spark plugs and air filter. Not doing plugs and air filter, mistake.
Coming in after only the second ride of enjoying the new rubber, foul running. :eek:
Turns out spark plugs and air filters need attention from time to time. I knew they were overdue but....
Oh well now I know how long is too long. (BTW, this was the first time I didn't change them ahead of schedule). Anyway, with new plugs, air filter, a free clutch cable and Great Tires it's like riding a new bike. (Little things mean a lot). Lol.
Looking at the plugs I took out gives me an idea for a thread about spark plug condition and different engine types... Hum. (Requires Pics).

S F

·
Visionary
5,411 Posts
Nothing special, just another ride into work at 0400.
Weather is still nice but it's getting colder as the seasons change, but I'm LOVING the heated pants that I got recently to go with my jacket and gloves, it was around 28F but I didn't even notice at all.

BUSY BUSY at work getting everyone home for Turkey Day :)

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Woo hoo it's slippery riding today! :cool: very challenging, frost is in the ground and the mud is frozen, you get off the pegs you're stuck, you spin your wheel on takeoff you're stuck, you get your brakes wet they're done.

Gotta mix some more fuel and go try that again, that was fun. ⛄

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Ordered studs today :cool: going to be a long winter ride season this year.
Bunch of riders found a whole new riding trail today, all I've seen so far is video and it looks like something right out of jurassic park.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Tried starting my bike a couple days before Thanksgiving. It didn't start so I put the battery maintainer on it. Today it started right up! Nice day today, got in to the lower 60's.
Wish I could ride it but the wife would have a fit and she'd tell the doctor on me. I'm already up the creek for riding her Sportster when it started a couple days before Thanksgiving. So in a way, it's her fault, isn't it?

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Yesterday I was out riding and I noticed (again) the windshield on the wife's Sporty was just a little bit crooked. It was a nice day, I was feeling good and thought it is way past time to do something about that windshield. So when I got home I parked in front of the truck, got a few tools out and went to work.

I took the windshield off so I could get easier access to the mounting brackets. With the windshield off, it was easy to see that one of the mounts was set a little further out than the other one. It was a simple fix and it made me wonder this not done right by whoever originally mounted the windshield.

Before I put the windshield back on, I took it in the house and washed all the bug splatters off the front side, and washed the other side too, just because it was there. Then, after drying it off, I waxed it. Then I took it out and put it back on the bike.

Had to make a couple little adjustments to to center it left to right and when I stepped back to look at it, something was still wrong. The right front signal light was crooked. So I fixed that too. Don't know if anyone else would have noticed these things with just a casual look, but now the bike looks a lot better to me.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Me ?
I finally took the FA50 off the trailer and promptly went for a ride . Yup , it still starts first kick . ;)
I had been busy setting up 'camp' , as we are on site for the next 3 months .
Not sure I can handle the weather here . It got all the way down to 64° last night and predicted to reach a clouded 84° this afternoon . LOL

·
Registered
511 Posts
Didn't do a whole lot today. Not a whole lot of spare time lately. Tracked down the extra powered leads to attach a SAE connector to for the air pump and the GPS(still need to install). Thought through how I'm going to attach aux lighting. Ordered parts to throw at it once I've got some more time on the next few weeks (clutch plates, new clutch cable, different spark plug, remote mixture screw, instrument lights, etc.). Fixed, cleaned and painted the muffler recently. Replaced the o-rings I put on the valve cover with thicker ones. And... Finally got around to editing my first ride footage a few days ago and uploaded to the YouTubes, not the best. I've still got some tinkering to do in the future with the video quality, etc. Oh and build some more skills lol. Didn't think I did too bad for being such a greenhorn 😂

·
Visionary
5,411 Posts
Took Rudolph for a nice ride with the IMRG, a good pub lunch, and an ice cream stop on the way home.
57 degrees in December, not bad at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10601 - 10618 of 10618 Posts