Motorcycle Forum banner
10581 - 10600 of 10618 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Kawasaki NINJA 650 ABS KRT
953 Posts
I'm curious what you got for heated socks? I am looking for a pair for snowmobiling this winter. After my MC accident a few years ago my feet are getting more and more numb. When I get out of bed in the morning they feel fine but as I move around throughout the day they get worse. I really felt it last winter when out on the sleds.
https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/actionheat-wool-37v-rechargeable-heated-socks-20-with-remote
Review after I put them to the test all weekend!

·
On The Road Again!
4,352 Posts
Found Moose tracks on my hard enduro trail today!
Moose? I wouldn't want to meet up with one of those! That would be a losing battle before you even started. A moose would make a deer look tiny! Sounds like the moose wants to take over your trail through the forest.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Moose? I wouldn't want to meet up with one of those! That would be a losing battle before you even started. A moose would make a deer look tiny! Sounds like the moose wants to take over your trail through the forest.
I don't want to do battle with him but I would like to see him, the footprints are wider then our tire tracks.

Today I'm trying to figure out how to do a mass start for the November 20 hard enduro of at least 30 motorcycles and still have it end up as a loop that does not cut through the pits, not an easy challenge it seems.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I went for a ride today and the bike lost some braking . Not fully , but , still .
I cut the ride short . Removed the cable and reversed it's 'lay' pattern . It takes the same route , just the sheath is turned opposite so the inner cable slides on 'new' sheath in the bends .
Now , I have excellent braking again ... until that part of the sheath wears through . ;)

·
Registered
511 Posts
Took 'er for a short ~70 mi. ride out in the sticks. Went down one trail that looked like a dirt road to begin with but soon dissolved to single track covered with horse tracks and blue blazes marking the path. No signs saying no motorized vehicles but turned around a little ways in. Lots of leaf peepers out and about and didn't want to spook any horses.
Tire Wheel Plant Sky Vehicle

Wheel Tire Plant Automotive tire Motorcycle

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,668 Posts
I walked out to shop and looked at the wife's bike. Saw the new luggage rack I got for it still needing to be installed, but I didn't do that or even touch the bike, but I did look at it. Ha ha ha!

Sometimes even the smallest things are big accomplishments. Especially a week out of the hospital.

·
Premium Member
2018 Kawasaki NINJA 650 ABS KRT
953 Posts
Full of the fare from the local pizza buffet and hopped up on 800mg Motrin leftover from my root canal to take the edge off a minor shoulder injury (Luckily I won't be picking up any more student bikes again until at least March), I took off for a candy run to Eureka Springs! It's a beautiful, no heated gear day with the past peak Fall colors still here to enjoy. I gotta make it a point to ride down here during peak colors next year to see how much MORE distracted by them I'll be. :giggle:
Cloud Sky Tire Water Plant

Tire Wheel Plant Sky Vehicle

·
Registered
54 Posts
Bike #1 Royal Enfield Himalayan. Took a 65 mile ride on some shitty back roads to warm it up. Filled it up with Ethanol-free gas, added Stabil, rode home, changed the oil and filter, hooked up the Battery Tender and tucked it in for the winter.

Bike #2 Honda Gold Wing. Tomorrow I will ride it, wash it, fill it, use Stabil, then put it to bed next to bike #1.

·
Visionary
5,411 Posts
There are still a lot of people riding to work, after an ugly late summer the fall weather has been great! I’m in the middle of a nice group of bikes here, there were about a dozen in the lot this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
On The Road Again!
4,352 Posts
There are still a lot of people riding to work, after an ugly late summer the fall weather has been great! I’m in the middle of a nice group of bikes here, there were about a dozen in the lot this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike, I thought you had indoor, undercover parking for the bike.
Why does that look like you are in an outdoor parking lot?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Day off so after a few errands this morning headed to the trails. They shut down from mid December to April and thought I'd get a run in. No one to go with so I didn't go too crazy. Camping is allowed at the trail head, lots of hunters camped there. Trails were hard to see in most spots with all the leaf litter but I prevailed. Hoping to get one more good run in before the year is over but if not then oh well 🤷‍♂️. Mostly uneventful, did try going up a new section that's a pretty steep incline with stepped bedrock. Made it halfway up and had a get off. Found my new challenge section for next year 😁.

Tire Wheel Helmet Automotive tire Vehicle

Plant Vehicle Tree Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

New challenge section for me

Automotive tire Plant Vehicle Tree Bicycle handlebar

Plant Plant community Tree Natural landscape Wood

Continued on and did a 40 mileish ride with another guy, mix of two lane highways, chip and seal and dirt. Rain heading in and lots of work to do tomorrow and this weekend. Got my fix for a few days.

Tire Wheel Cloud Sky Plant

·
Registered
511 Posts
Bike #1 Royal Enfield Himalayan. Took a 65 mile ride on some shitty back roads to warm it up. Filled it up with Ethanol-free gas, added Stabil, rode home, changed the oil and filter, hooked up the Battery Tender and tucked it in for the winter.

Bike #2 Honda Gold Wing. Tomorrow I will ride it, wash it, fill it, use Stabil, then put it to bed next to bike #1.
How do you like that Himalayan?

·
Registered
2015 custom/ modded Yamaha R3
1,264 Posts
Day off so after a few errands this morning headed to the trails. They shut down from mid December to April and thought I'd get a run in. No one to go with so I didn't go too crazy. Camping is allowed at the trail head, lots of hunters camped there. Trails were hard to see in most spots with all the leaf litter but I prevailed. Hoping to get one more good run in before the year is over but if not then oh well 🤷‍♂️. Mostly uneventful, did try going up a new section that's a pretty steep incline with stepped bedrock. Made it halfway up and had a get off. Found my new challenge section for next year 😁.

View attachment 71072
View attachment 71073

New challenge section for me

View attachment 71074

View attachment 71075

Continued on and did a 40 mileish ride with another guy, mix of two lane highways, chip and seal and dirt. Rain heading in and lots of work to do tomorrow and this weekend. Got my fix for a few days.

View attachment 71076
Glad youre not always riding alone. Especially when that dang samsquanch is running around the woods.

Hair Glasses Chin Eyebrow Vision care

·
Registered
511 Posts
I like it a lot. I grin every time I ride it. I don't do a lot of off road or gravel roads, but I use it on crappy back roads I wouldn't take my Gold Wing on. Handles like a dream, gas mileage around 70 mpg. Only 24 h.p. but lots of torque. I use it to run errands and use my Wing for everything else.
I think they're currently doing or about to do an Antarctica ride, big marketing campaign but pretty cool. I've thought about one down the road always hear good things. Glad you like it!

10581 - 10600 of 10618 Posts