Motorcycle Forum banner
10561 - 10580 of 10618 Posts

·
Visionary
5,410 Posts
Ours vary, wet years we get beautiful colors, dry years they just dry up, turn brown and fall off.
This should be a colorful year, the rain has been epic.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
It's snowing, who ordered snow :unsure: or is this an upgrade from rain
... sorting out an electric starter wiring issue today, people coming to ride tomorrow :cool: lots of people coming to ride this weekend

·
Visionary
5,410 Posts
Did my usual 62 mile ride to work but today was the first day below freezing this season. When I walked out mt back deck was frozen, all the wood railing were coated with ice but the ground was still warm and dry, no worries!.
I did make a quick decision for comfort and I put on my heated jacket liner. I couldn't find my heated gloves so i went without them, with my core warm and my heated grips on my hands were just fine.

Reactions: RogerC60

·
Visionary
5,410 Posts
I rode to work today under sunny skies with the temperature 33-35 degrees. It was my first chance to try out my new-to-me Aerostich heated vest.

Why did I wait so long to buy that thing?
I said the same thing when I bought mine, WHY did I wait so long?
Heated gear is truly a game changer.

·
On The Road Again!
4,352 Posts
I said the same thing when I bought mine, WHY did I wait so long?
Heated gear is truly a game changer.
It certainly is! I was out for a short ride today, about an hour total.
I didn't bother with the heated vest. But if I had been going any
further, I would have used it.

·
Visionary
5,410 Posts
It certainly is! I was out for a short ride today, about an hour total.
I didn't bother with the heated vest. But if I had been going any
further, I would have used it.
My expoerience is very similar. What I've found is that for an hour I donl't really need the heat, I can take most any weather for an hour.
After an hour I think I lose enough heat in my core if it's really cold that I start to shiver, which is no fun, so the heated jacket goes on. My work commute is 62 miles, it can go either way, depending on how cold out it really is and how comfortable I want to be, but for anything longer like riding all night in below freezing on an IBA ride I never leave home without the heated gear any longer, every time I have I've regretted it.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Titanium Joe showed up with his EM race and I got to try it out again :cool: cool bike. ... but an interesting thing happened when it was in tick-over mode, which might make that feature just a tiny bit dangerous, the bike was experiencing a stuck throttle symptom (after several crashes) and I had it in 300 mode, the tick-over throttle setting revs up the engine way more then normal so all at once you let out the clutch and it takes off like a full on rocket. No more tick-over mode for this guy :LOL: that was scary and thank heaven it had a clutch.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I went for a little ride around town with my wife. It was a nice evening! I can't remember the last time I was out on a bike in November in central AB. I may go for another one after work today was well. It looks like the weather is going to tank next week.

·
Visionary
5,410 Posts
I rode to work after getting rid of the spider in the garage. They always seem to come inside this time of year trying to find someplace to stay warm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2018 Kawasaki NINJA 650 ABS KRT
953 Posts
Isn't it amazing what even a short ride can do for your mood?? I hadn't been on my bike in over a week due to weather and other stuff going on. I've been stuck home a couple days, waiting on concrete and gutter guys who don't show up:mad:. So I've been tackling house projects, including a dishwasher that leaves crud on the dishes.:mad: I tore into that yesterday and put some parts to soak off the corrosion and puttered around doing other things, waiting on workers to show up and getting more and more frustrated because I wanted to try out my new heated socks, plus I needed to go pick up some folding chairs (in my truck, that is;)) Well, my husband got home so I was able to escape finally, and I rode maybe 15 miles at the most. But, boy, was I in a GREAT mood when I got home!!:D I even scrubbed corroded dishwasher wands all evening with a smile on my face !:D:D

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Isn't it amazing what even a short ride can do for your mood??
Absolutely! Especially this time of year when it might weeks to months before the weather cooperates! Glad you were able to take advantage!

On a side note, my wife is also the designated "dishwasher fixer person". She fits in that space better than me! And curses less... not by much, just a little! :ROFLMAO:

As for what I did... I listed my beloved F4i for sale. Getting tired of messing with fairings for almost every maintenance task and, being spoiled by my CRF, I'd like a more upright seating position. Found a great deal on a 2021 MT-09 (https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2021-Yamaha-MT-09-5018246944) but gotta finish paying off my truck AND sell the F4i first...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Isn't it amazing what even a short ride can do for your mood?? I hadn't been on my bike in over a week due to weather and other stuff going on. I've been stuck home a couple days, waiting on concrete and gutter guys who don't show up:mad:. So I've been tackling house projects, including a dishwasher that leaves crud on the dishes.:mad: I tore into that yesterday and put some parts to soak off the corrosion and puttered around doing other things, waiting on workers to show up and getting more and more frustrated because I wanted to try out my new heated socks, plus I needed to go pick up some folding chairs (in my truck, that is;)) Well, my husband got home so I was able to escape finally, and I rode maybe 15 miles at the most. But, boy, was I in a GREAT mood when I got home!!:D I even scrubbed corroded dishwasher wands all evening with a smile on my face !:D:D
I'm curious what you got for heated socks? I am looking for a pair for snowmobiling this winter. After my MC accident a few years ago my feet are getting more and more numb. When I get out of bed in the morning they feel fine but as I move around throughout the day they get worse. I really felt it last winter when out on the sleds.

10561 - 10580 of 10618 Posts