Motorcycle Forum banner
10301 - 10320 of 10364 Posts

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,059 Posts
Heated seats and Grips are a gift from Heaven😇 when needed! A good coverage wind screen with lowers allows those COLD🥶 rides to be tolerated.:)

Sam 🤠

·
Registered
479 Posts
I've been super swamped with work, classes, and life to ride much lately. Finally had an opportunity this weekend, because Sara (gf, soon to be fiance hopefully)headed up to Cleveland to visit some friends. So I finished up what I needed to yesterday morning, got out the door in the early afternoon and did just shy of 400 miles ending today. A lot of it on gravel back roads searching out unmaintained roads. Stopped in a state forest and camped last night, packed up and out of camp by 9:30 this morning. Passed about 10 Amish buggies, the best one was an old golf cart being drawn by horses. Went over a few small trees and got turned around by big tree completely blocking the road with no way to get around.
Went down the last"challenge section" of the tracks I found near home and had to turn around after going about half way down the "road". Kind of bummed because I wanted to end the trip on an epic note lol, but figured I'd better play it safe. Maybe another day when I don't have luggage and have a riding partner with me.
Sky Tire Plant Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Sky Cloud Vehicle Motorcycle Tire Plant Wheel Vehicle Plant community Tire Wheel Water Plant Vehicle Tire Wheel Plant Water Vehicle Wheel Tire Plant Helmet Plant community

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,918 Posts
Cleaned and Lubed the Drive Chain on the Honda CMX 1100 ( Rebel ) Been a long time since had to do this but didn't forget .. :)

·
Visionary
5,143 Posts
Rode with a group of 40+ bikes to the house of the local IMRG President for a surprise party for him. This was an event 2 months in the making and was top secret. Dan is an awesome guy and an amazing President, he is battling cancer and not doing well, probably will never ride again, but we wanted to do something to cheer him up.
It was a great success, his wife and family was in on it and had him on the porch when 40+ bikes rolled up, he was smiling so much, he said it sounded like a freight train rolling into his neighborhood! The line of bikes parked across the street was a block long. We were followed by 3 support vehicles filled with tables and chairs etc, everything for a party. The food was delivered 5 minutes later, everything went perfectly, which was amazing.
Was a great day, perfect weather even though of course it was very bittersweet for us but he loved every minute of it. I’m so glad we did this now while he can still be a part of it.

Food Cake decorating Blue Rectangle Azure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,059 Posts
What a wonderful tribute Mike and GOD bless you and the rest of the Group and LT. Dan. I am praying for his recovery and his comfort!

Sam

·
Visionary
5,143 Posts
I've been super swamped with work, classes, and life to ride much lately. Finally had an opportunity this weekend, because Sara (gf, soon to be fiance hopefully)headed up to Cleveland to visit some friends. So I finished up what I needed to yesterday morning, got out the door in the early afternoon and did just shy of 400 miles ending today. A lot of it on gravel back roads searching out unmaintained roads. Stopped in a state forest and camped last night, packed up and out of camp by 9:30 this morning. Passed about 10 Amish buggies, the best one was an old golf cart being drawn by horses. Went over a few small trees and got turned around by big tree completely blocking the road with no way to get around.
Went down the last"challenge section" of the tracks I found near home and had to turn around after going about half way down the "road". Kind of bummed because I wanted to end the trip on an epic note lol, but figured I'd better play it safe. Maybe another day when I don't have luggage and have a riding partner with me.
View attachment 69902 View attachment 69903 View attachment 69904 View attachment 69905 View attachment 69906 View attachment 69907
That looks like an awesome day!
I haven't ridden off road in 30 years, all pavement other than a couple of gravel roads here and there, usually by mistake :) I'm starting to think I should steal appropriate commandeer BORROW my wifes Vstrom and head for the hills one day and see if I remember how.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Busted the entire clutch lever, mount and hydraulic clutch master cylinder on my TRS on Saturday :( she landed hard on a big pile of rocks. Fortunately, this time I didn't land chest first on top of the handlebars (y)
... total damage, 155$ plus 13% sales tax. Dealer at the event had all the required parts on hand including mineral oil so the fix only took about an hour. Was enough to DNF me on Saturday but I was able to ride the Sunday event and crash again without sustaining additional damage.

Today is bike cleaning, service and healing day, then I really gotta get cooking on building my 2-day CMA national event scheduled October 2nd & 3rd :cool:

·
Registered
2015 custom/ modded Yamaha R3
1,157 Posts
Busted the entire clutch lever, mount and hydraulic clutch master cylinder on my TRS on Saturday :( she landed hard on a big pile of rocks. Fortunately, this time I didn't land chest first on top of the handlebars (y)
... total damage, 155$ plus 13% sales tax. Dealer at the event had all the required parts on hand including mineral oil so the fix only took about an hour. Was enough to DNF me on Saturday but I was able to ride the Sunday event and crash again without sustaining additional damage.

Today is bike cleaning, service and healing day, then I really gotta get cooking on building my 2-day CMA national event scheduled October 2nd & 3rd :cool:
Didnt like the crash and damage, but liked that you are riding tough and doing Antartica proud.

·
On The Road Again!
4,106 Posts
... total damage, 155$ plus 13% sales tax.
Ya know, that trials and dirt bike stuff sounds expensive and painful.
I'll stick to dangerous street riding.
I go out and ride hundreds of miles, week after week and never break anything.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,059 Posts
It was so beautiful early this morning that I decided to go for a ride on my Spyder, NE this time, north of Lake Stockton, in Farm country. At 8 am when I left it was 60 degrees so my ATGATT was a long sleeve Cowboy shirt to keep the chill off. It got up to 84 or so with bright blue skies and very little wind. I rode 132 miles and was Home by 11:30 am.

No breakfast pictures this time since I wasn't hungry for some reason??

I did take a few pic's of an old abandoned and surely haunted Farm house a few miles from my place: The Huge Bull is the local resident and is in the shade there most of the time.
Plant Tree Land lot Sky Natural landscape
Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Sky

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

The Spyder continues to amaze me, with it's comfort and performance and safety.

Sam:)

·
Registered
479 Posts
That looks like an awesome day!
I haven't ridden off road in 30 years, all pavement other than a couple of gravel roads here and there, usually by mistake :) I'm starting to think I should steal appropriate commandeer BORROW my wifes Vstrom and head for the hills one day and see if I remember how.
Thanks Mike! It was a good time indeed. Looks like you had a nice production for a good cause too.

I'm sure after 10 minutes it'll come right back to you! It's always a load of fun and a lot more laid back than the trails. The open roads are always a blast pushing 40-50 but sometimes the blind/sharp corners call for a little more conservative throttle. The last section did leave me with a good hankering for the trails as it's been at least a month probably since I've been ( still need to swap the tank before I do them though). I don't like doing them on weekends when it's swamped with bozos riding around in their sXs's and quads drinking whatever may be in their coolers :rolleyes:. Hopefully I get time Thursday evening to go, bummer that it's getting dark so early now, maybe I'll have to throw on the LED pod lights I got. Looks like you've got some good trails in PA, maybe I'll make it over there one day. Saw where a few guys on ATs and 1290s did some of the single track there.
Here's the real life goal though 😉

·
Premium Member
2018 Kawasaki NINJA 650 ABS KRT
827 Posts
Left it parked while I rest and recover from a rough class this weekend. Having a student crash at 25mph, watching another student who is a CMA patch her up, and then helping her realize that I'm right about telling her she was done for the day, combined with the usual student challenges, made for a 12-hour work day, plus commute (riding) time. It really takes a lot out of a person.:sleep:

·
Visionary
5,143 Posts
Thanks Mike! It was a good time indeed. Looks like you had a nice production for a good cause too.

I'm sure after 10 minutes it'll come right back to you! It's always a load of fun and a lot more laid back than the trails. The open roads are always a blast pushing 40-50 but sometimes the blind/sharp corners call for a little more conservative throttle. The last section did leave me with a good hankering for the trails as it's been at least a month probably since I've been ( still need to swap the tank before I do them though). I don't like doing them on weekends when it's swamped with bozos riding around in their sXs's and quads drinking whatever may be in their coolers :rolleyes:. Hopefully I get time Thursday evening to go, bummer that it's getting dark so early now, maybe I'll have to throw on the LED pod lights I got. Looks like you've got some good trails in PA, maybe I'll make it over there one day. Saw where a few guys on ATs and 1290s did some of the single track there.
Here's the real life goal though 😉
That poor Goldwing! LOL!!! It does go to show what even a big bike is capable of in the hands of a serious abuser! I need to show video that to a few folks who were all upset because one of our recent rides accidently included about 2 miles of a gravel road and it was kind of washed out and muddy. You can tell who never rode on anything but smooth asphalt before :)

• Haha
Reactions: Critter and Dr45701

·
Zip
2,442 Posts
On my Saturday ride to snag a picture for a challenge game on Adv Rider I ended up riding on some gravel paths (not like that Goldwing rider was doing, though). I also had to get over onto the grass to let an oncoming pickup truck get by on the one-lane gravel path. So I took the opportunity to practice standing on the pegs and letting the bike find its way through the gravel. This is on my R1150RT by the way. Over time I'm getting more comfortable taking this big heavy bike on soft surfaces. (Not ready to start drifting in the corners yet though.)

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,437 Posts
Left it parked while I rest and recover from a rough class this weekend. Having a student crash at 25mph, watching another student who is a CMA patch her up, and then helping her realize that I'm right about telling her she was done for the day, combined with the usual student challenges, made for a 12-hour work day, plus commute (riding) time. It really takes a lot out of a person.:sleep:
Why was she doing 25 in the first place?

Reactions: Dr45701
10301 - 10320 of 10364 Posts