Motorcycle Forum banner

9861 - 9880 of 9950 Posts

·
On The Road Again!
3,951 Posts
Happy Birthday!!! I share your birthday in a different way...it's my sobriety birthday. 2 years :)
Congratulations! And all the best to you to make it three years!
And thanks to everyone else for the birthday wishes!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Can't coach with the Superbike School right now (Covid travel restrictions) Can't ride track/street (no bikes or track) so....hit the motocross track on Sat wiYZ 125 and then did a killer trail ride on Sunday on my KTM 200 xcw- a ride dedicated to the late Peter Lenz as it would have been his birthday yesterday. BRAAAAAAAP

D28F95E7-450C-4F11-983E-FEB39B7FBE8D.JPG IMG_7454.jpeg

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
Can't coach with the Superbike School right now (Covid travel restrictions) Can't ride track/street (no bikes or track) so....hit the motocross track on Sat wiYZ 125 and then did a killer trail ride on Sunday on my KTM 200 xcw- a ride dedicated to the late Peter Lenz as it would have been his birthday yesterday. BRAAAAAAAP

View attachment 68065 View attachment 68066
Nice!!!

·
Visionary
4,955 Posts
Did you take the challenge or walk around?
I boldly walked right towards the black beast which was blocking my path, intending to confront it, but as I approached it hissed at me and fled into the shadows, leaving me to wonder if it ever were truly there, or just a figment of my addled brain after working for 17 hours....
But now I wonder if it may have returned to haunt me.

·
Visionary
4,955 Posts
I boldly walked right towards the black beast which was blocking my path, intending to confront it, but as I approached it hissed at me and fled into the shadows, leaving me to wonder if it ever were truly there, or just a figment of my addled brain after working for 17 hours....
I'm on vacation this week but I still get up early, so I did a 4 am bagel run for breakfast. I got my bagels, then as I was a block from the store I saw a black cat blocking my path, just standing in the road as I approached. I immediatly recalled the black cat from last week at work. Very odd...I rode slowly towards the beast, he started walking parallel to me, I was watching closely in case he might dart out in front as I passed, but the foul black devil kept walking straight down the road, I couldn't take my eyes off of him...as I passed I looked forward again and realized that I was about to run over a WHITE cat that was standing in the middle of the road directly in my path! I did a quick swerve, missed him, looked back and saw them both behind me staring, leering, probably laughing how they had bamboozled me. Was this the same black spectre that I had encountered a week ago and 60 miles way, was it shadowing me, taunting me..my mind wandered but then as I rode away I recalled something else and shuddered, but this will be my next post...

·
Visionary
4,955 Posts
I'm on vacation this week but I still get up early, so I did a 4 am bagel run for breakfast. I got my bagels, then as I was a block from the store I saw a black cat blocking my path, just standing in the road as I approached. I immediatly recalled the black cat from last week at work. Very odd...I rode slowly towards the beast, he started walking parallel to me, I was watching closely in case he might dart out in front as I passed, but the foul black devil kept walking straight down the road, I couldn't take my eyes off of him...as I passed I looked forward again and realized that I was about to run over a WHITE cat that was standing in the middle of the road directly in my path! I did a quick swerve, missed him, looked back and saw them both behind me staring, leering, probably laughing how they had bamboozled me. Was this the same black spectre that I had encountered a week ago and 60 miles way, was it shadowing me, taunting me..my mind wandered but then as I rode away I recalled something else and shuddered, but this will be my next post...
They say all bad things come in threes, perhaps my black cat encounters are now done...since I just realized the first one had already happened...and I even posted about it at the time, from 2 years ago, on my second Iron Butt ride...and this was 15 miles from the bagel store..that cat sure gets around.

"I woke up before the chickens at 0100, had one small cup of coffee and sandwich, then left and rode a couple of miles to my starting point. I pulled into the gas station, and behind the building I immediately had to swerve to avoid running over a black cat that ran across my path! Hoping that this and the full moon shining down on me were not an omen of impending doom I gassed up, documented the time, and rolled out at 0201 AM, the clock was running."

·
Biker
1,567 Posts
a woman from ur past like the 3 ghosts of Christmas?

·
Visionary
4,955 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Suzuki C90T
482 Posts
Yesterday. 220 mile trip from my house in Carlos, Tx, circling Lake Limestone, then to Jewett, then to Bufallo, then to Madisonville for a doube meat Texas Burger then back home.

·
8,805 Posts
It was a beautiful 65 degree morning as I backed the Spyder out of my Garage at 7 AM and 81 when I returned at noon. I rode 20 miles to a Prayer Breakfast on Rural, Country roads and everything was a surreal green color! The smell of the freshly cut Hay was intense, the rivers were running mostly their blue-green color and the skies were bright blue! Starting mileage: 829.3, ending 906.9 for 77.6 happy miles! I rode between 55 to 75 miles per hour, on Rural and Interstate roads.

I attended a Prayer Breakfast at Purcell Baptist and afterwards went down Gateway drive off Interstate 49 into Neosho to look at a ZTR mower.

I saw 5 other Spyder's on the road this morning!

I am very happy with my Spyder!

It is supposed to rain starting tomorrow until at least Wednesday! 💩

Sam:)

·
Visionary
4,955 Posts
Been out riding all day, it sure got hot fast, 2 weeks ago it was 49f, today it’s 94f!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Porky

·
American Legion Rider & sub-Administrator
24,726 Posts
Been out riding all day, it sure got hot fast, 2 weeks ago it was 49f, today it’s 94f!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's supposed to be our weather. Instead...rain...again. Not sure about today. I think it's supposed to be just partly cloudy for a change. Not sure on that.

·
American Legion Rider & sub-Administrator
24,726 Posts
Yep, looks like we are in a hole today. Will see later today.

Reactions: Porky

·
Biker
1,567 Posts
I hope to get some riding in this week, last wed I had a kidney stone removed,
stuck in the line from kidney and empteez out into the bladder called a ureter,
glad it did not get stuck in the urethra, why does Aretha Franklin seem so close
to me right now? seems the wholde damn thing was from not drinkin enuf water. . .
damn that is changing. . .gonna go and wash her up so she looks good when I
do ride. . .might take her to Raynham this Thursday as I have a keyboard lesson
at Rick's music. 5. sumthin miles west at the Taunton Greene is Tex Barry's Coney
island hot dawgz a layer of american cheeze the covered w chilli and crusht unyins
YES!

·
8,805 Posts
GOD bless you Ray, those Kidney stones are extremely painful and disabling!
Sam

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Fixed the jiffy stand and rear signal lights on the wife's 883 Sportster so it is ridable again. However, it still had a lot of mud on it from the same guy that lost the spring off the jiffy stand and broke the right rear signal light. (The "Oh, I'm going to fix that" guy). Now he is the guy that is never going to ride his mom's bike again!

Today, after lunch, I got a bucket of soapy water and the hose and washed her bike. It had rained a little this morning but that had stopped. There was even some blue to be seen between all the clouds. I decided to go for a short ride, I didn't want to get caught in any showers. But before I got on the bike, I checked the local weather radar. Rain, straight south of me, moving north, and getting close.

Rode the bike into the trailer and locked the door. It'll look nice after the rain is over. :)

·
Visionary
4,955 Posts
Sunday was a good day of riding, we rode about 275 miles in 3 states.
Got up and left home in PA, crossed into NJ rode an hour to breakfast, then crossed the river back into PA, then a few mile later crossed again into NY. Rode all the way up rt 97 along the Delaware river, then back into PA and all the way back down the other side with an ice cream stop halfway, then crossed back into NJ to get dinner at a favorite pizza joint, then back home to PA. I lost track of how many times we crossed state lines.
As we left after dinner we discovered there was a local balloon festival and they were landing all around us, with a quick 1/2 mile ride we managed to get very close to one making a perfect landing to end the day.
IMG_3334.JPG IMG_3347.JPG IMG_3366.JPG IMG_3338.JPG IMG_3395.PNG

I got a video of one of the landings, it was so close I was walking backwards to keep it in the frame of the video.

9861 - 9880 of 9950 Posts