Motorcycle Forum banner

9581 - 9600 of 9727 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Other than a beautiful day to commute on my motorcycle, state farm says my insurance on my AT went down to 241 for the year.
Last covid thing then I'm shutting up about it... I think IF we were able to stamp it out in the beginning, like new Zealand, the shut downs would have been worthwhile. I don't think that was entirely feasible in more densely populated areas and now with all the mutations it seems as tho it will be with us indefinitely. But I agree 100% that "herd immunity" will not be reached and it'll basically be like, as you said, getting a flu shot if you so desire. Larry, you're 100% right about it being rushed and all the effects not known, I respect anyone's decision not to get it based on that. Ive never gotten a flu shot but I probably should, maybe I'll start this coming season I don't know. I'm just glad that this seems to be one of the few internet forums that I frequent where our differences in opinion on other matters is outweighed by the commonality that we share. Anywho,back to bikes 😀.

That full coverage I assume? Mines like $89 for both, just liability. Granted the DR is the most expensive bike I own and it's 22 years old lol. I had the day half off so bicycle ride early on, then a bit of work, then took the SECA for the picture challenge. Dodged the rain for the most part, roads were half wet. Got my sena in the mail before I left so had ear plugs and the Boss piping through to compliment the oh so sweet purr of that little 400😁. Longest ride on that bike in a while and it reminded me why I don't need a larger displacement bike for the kind of riding I do. Still on the fence about selling it. Tags are expired but insurance is current 🤔. The DR is staying indefinitely.

·
Secret Agent
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
3,654 Posts
Yup, 250 deductible. I think it dropped 46 bucks from the first year(last year). My cheapest is my CRF 230l, it's liability and is less than 20 bucks a year.

I should probably drop my CBR to liability. I mean it's an 06, it's been around 300 a year since new. So ~4500 to insurance since I bought it. That's a little over half of it's original purchase price(8700).

I'm just afraid if I do, something is gonna happen to it😂

·
Registered
387 Posts
Yup, 250 deductible. I think it dropped 46 bucks from the first year(last year). My cheapest is my CRF 230l, it's liability and is less than 20 bucks a year.

I should probably drop my CBR to liability. I mean it's an 06, it's been around 300 a year since new. So ~4500 to insurance since I bought it. That's a little over half of it's original purchase price(8700).

I'm just afraid if I do, something is gonna happen to it😂
Lol yeah that's how it seems to go. You always need the one thing you didnt think you'd need. I

·
Biker
1,530 Posts
Well, I rode to work, bike ran fine but I looked it up in my maint. log time to service the air cleaner.
It came out looking better and I could see the sun through it. Then I pulled the plugs, she's burning
clean but the gap was around .046 harley saez .038 to .042 so I went to .040. buttoning up the works
it started to rain, so get got covered up and will be out tomorrow to see the fruits of my maint.

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
I have three bikes at my mechanic's shop. He's cleaning them up and getting them back on the road. I had to go against my rule about not buying Chinese replacement parts. I looked and looked and could not find a carb rebuild kit for my 1978 Yamaha DT175. Hopefully it works well. They should all be back on the road within a week or two.

Yesterday I rode Zuko to my meeting, then met Vanessa for dinner at Bruno's Pizza in Lake Stevens. A nice little 30 mile loop.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I have three bikes at my mechanic's shop. He's cleaning them up and getting them back on the road. I had to go against my rule about not buying Chinese replacement parts. I looked and looked and could not find a carb rebuild kit for my 1978 Yamaha DT175. Hopefully it works well. They should all be back on the road within a week or two.

Yesterday I rode Zuko to my meeting, then met Vanessa for dinner at Bruno's Pizza in Lake Stevens. A nice little 30 mile loop.
I sincerely doubt any other country would bother making the replacement part bits needed to make older Japanese bikes roadworthy such as carb rebuild kits, turn signals, etc. New old stock is the only other option and price markups on such can be enormous. Politically I see government right here negativity affecting my life and country so there's that.

·
Premium Member
2018 Kawasaki NINJA 650 ABS KRT
609 Posts
Rode to Eureka Springs!! Hoped to have lunch at the restaurant by Beaver Bridge, but it was closed today. Hoped to pick up my special candy, but they closed early for a funeral..Now I'm having pizza on the edge of a cliff.

Cool place, but the driveway scared the 💩 out of me!!!!! Now I hope I can get down without dumping my bike....

·
Registered
708 Posts
Rode to Eureka Springs!! Hoped to have lunch at the restaurant by Beaver Bridge, but it was closed today. Hoped to pick up my special candy, but they closed early for a funeral..Now I'm having pizza on the edge of a cliff. View attachment 67370
Cool place, but the driveway scared the 💩 out of me!!!!! Now I hope I can get down without dumping my bike.... View attachment 67371
More rear brake.

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
I sincerely doubt any other country would bother making the replacement part bits needed to make older Japanese bikes roadworthy such as carb rebuild kits, turn signals, etc. New old stock is the only other option and price markups on such can be enormous. Politically I see government right here negativity affecting my life and country so there's that.
Where can you get new old stock? I would go that route if I could find it.

·
Registered
2015 custom/ modded Yamaha R3
673 Posts
Rode to Eureka Springs!! Hoped to have lunch at the restaurant by Beaver Bridge, but it was closed today. Hoped to pick up my special candy, but they closed early for a funeral..Now I'm having pizza on the edge of a cliff. View attachment 67370
Cool place, but the driveway scared the 💩 out of me!!!!! Now I hope I can get down without dumping my bike.... View attachment 67371
Nice spot. Looks like one of my relatives was there too, standing out front. Lol.

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
Today we rode into Granite Falls so Vanessa could get her first COVID shot. She actually felt a little lightheaded afterwards but a splash of Diet Coke cleared that up ;) Afterwards we took a little ride into Arlington and had burgers, brats and chili fries at Jake's food truck, and took the long way home. Now more rain is coming :(

·
Registered
1,033 Posts

Reeds are important. Try Boyesen for them. They work way better then stock steel petals.

9581 - 9600 of 9727 Posts