9301 - 9320 of 9346 Posts

·
Biker
1,480 Posts
Armed with 3OT steel wool I began to clean up the spokes of the wide glides
front tire and will put some chrome polish on them to maybe keep the light
rust away for a while, the lower half of front shocks, struts maybe? yeah H-D
must of used some cheap **** as I have battle scars from the road, so I'm
thinking go over them with steel wool and paint gloss black.

·
Registered
2018 Kawasaki NINJA 650 ABS KRT
515 Posts
Lubed the clutch cable and a plastic piece in the clutch lever that I think might have something to do with the slipper clutch, put on a new RAM security knob on the GPS mount, then did about 60 miles worth of errands for the family.

Check out my early Mother's Day present: Five more feet of concrete in front of the garage!!!!!:love::love::love:

·
Biker
1,480 Posts
Lubed the clutch cable and a plastic piece in the clutch lever that I think might have something to do with the slipper clutch, put on a new RAM security knob on the GPS mount, then did about 60 miles worth of errands for the family.

Check out my early Mother's Day present: Five more feet of concrete in front of the garage!!!!!:love::love::love:
View attachment 66392

View attachment 66392
Yup, not every Mom gets five more feet of concrete for Mother's day. !Happy Easter!
Bike looks nice, the house, AWSUM!

·
American Legion Rider
23,521 Posts
I didn't know they made pucker surfaced bridges back in the later 1800's. Grated bridges are something most avoid but you'll not have a need to pucker now that you have a trike Sam. Are they actually recommending a break-in now on these newer machines? They used to just say to ride them and I know dealer demo's certainly never got ridden carefully. Or are you just babying your new machine?

Reactions: Porky

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I went on a small 'Smell the roses' ride on the Spyder, from Carthage to La Russell, MO via small farming paved backroads, mostly at 35 mph, just taking it easy. 55.1 miles round trip.

I'm still breaking the bike in and as of today, it has 446.3 miles on it.

I NEED and demand comfort and I have finally found it.
View attachment 66374 View attachment 66375 View attachment 66376

Sam View attachment 66377 View attachment 66378
Great pics, love the old bridges. There's not many left here in Florida, actually only know of one here. How are you liking the Spyder, has the transition gone smoothly from two wheels to three for you? Its a unique color, I like it. I dont think that I've ever seen one in that color. After 8 or 9 months, I'm definitely loving the Ryker, probably even a little more now that I've learned its character & traits.

Plenty of get up and go, but I find the riding more relaxed and comfortable, lots of fun and enjoyment, but in a different way. Since I'm not shifting gears, using a clutch, or having to hand brake, I seem to be able to pay attention and enjoy the sights and surroundings a little more on the three wheeler than I do on two. I still have the Kawasaki, so when I go from one to the other, its still a strange feeling.

·
Registered
2018 Kawasaki NINJA 650 ABS KRT
515 Posts
Yup, not every Mom gets five more feet of concrete for Mother's day. !Happy Easter!
Bike looks nice, the house, AWSUM!
Thanks! You can't see the house too great in that shot; that's the garage on the right.

The primary concrete project was a slab for the Generac. There was a minimum one-yard order for the concrete truck to bring it; I had been making noise about more concrete in front of the garage, so since we were paying for it anyway, I got my wish.(y)

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Don't forget to put your foot down when you stop on the Kawasaki! ;);)
Its funny you said that, it was actually the other way around. When I first got the three wheeler, the first few times I came to a stop I started to put my feet down and I would automatically reach for the brake lever when coming to a stop. I was able to break putting the feet down pretty quickly, but I would still reach for the non-existent brake lever for weeks.

·
American Legion Rider
23,521 Posts
I would still reach for the non-existent brake lever for weeks.
That's the problem I have when I have to ride my wife's Spyder on occasion. I bet they would get more to switch if they added one from the factory. Panic will scare many away after a test ride and they try to grab a handful of brake and there is nothing to grab. There is an aftermarket one but just how many sales do they lose because there is no factor one?

Reactions: Porky

·
Secret Agent
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
2,904 Posts
Beautiful weather today! Sunny and 60's when I walked out of the house this morning. Rode to work and here I sit waiting on backordered parts, again. Gonna hit 80 today. I may take off early and win the current picture challenge.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Armed with 3OT steel wool I began to clean up the spokes of the wide glides
front tire and will put some chrome polish on them to maybe keep the light
rust away for a while, the lower half of front shocks, struts maybe? yeah H-D
must of used some cheap **** as I have battle scars from the road, so I'm
thinking go over them with steel wool and paint gloss black.
I'm clearing over the wheels, brackets, swingarm, etc with 2K clear coat. I can't personally vouch for long-term durability yet.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Went for a two hour ride in the country with my wife. This was the first time since early Fall of 2020 that she has come for a ride. A great way to spend a beautiful Sunday here in the Midwest. In less than two weeks it will be our 55th wedding anniversary.

·
Visionary
4,614 Posts
We Rode to Pittsburgh to visit with daughter and Grandson, combined Easter visit with his birthday. I’m happy to say the birthday cake survived the 330 miles from Easton to Pittsburgh with no damage.
Great weather, cool on Saturday but gorgeous and warm headed home on Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Buells, Hardley, Suzuki, Beemer, and a big Katoom
96 Posts
I participate in a ride called the "Tour of Honor" put on by the Iron Butt Association.
2021 Tour of Honor Motorcycle Ride

I haven't started visiting the State Memorials yet, but while visiting in Las Cruces I stopped to catch two bonus memorials. This Huey, was above a memorial for all veterans lost in all wars, since the revolution.

Gold Star Mothers monument, Honoring all the Mothers that lost a child at war

Very warm day down there, about 90 by mid afternoon.
Was great visiting, but so nice to be back home in Albuquerque, with lower temps

·
Registered
2005 Suzuki C90T
410 Posts
Setup a week off for the last week of April and a ride across Devils Backbone, just outside of San Marcos Texas. Now, hurry up and get here.

·
8,572 Posts
I got a later start than usual today, 4-5-21 but managed 101.8 miles roundtrip and consumed a light lunch in Liberal, MO. 😁

It took me about 1/2 hour to stop reaching for the clutch lever and the front brake lever. My left foot hasn't missed the frequent up and down movement at all. As far as the foot brake goes, it's in the same place and just as easy to use as any other bike and it just activates all brakes, front (2) and back (1);)

The Spyder down shifts itself and can also be done manually. Upshifts use a 'paddle toggle,' like lots of High performance cars now and the shifts are 'lightning quick.'

The ergonomics are superb in every way and I love the seat and the electric windshield and Power steering.

The multimedia stereo is very good also and the volume is able to knock my socks off.

A couple in an SUV, honked at me and asked me to pull over, just to talk about my unique ride. They also had a new Spyder RT.

There are Spyder/ Ryker rider groups all around and I've joined a few and have a planned ride coming up Wednesday, if it doesn't rain!!!!!

Sam:)

·
Registered
2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 SE LT+
204 Posts
68 degrees today ----- I put the battery back in the Versys and I RODE IT !!! Only about 50 miles, but riding season has officially started.

·
Biker
1,480 Posts
Went for a two hour ride in the country with my wife. This was the first time since early Fall of 2020 that she has come for a ride. A great way to spend a beautiful Sunday here in the Midwest. In less than two weeks it will be our 55th wedding anniversary.
So kool being 2getha 55 yrs, being the wize-ass in the family when mom an dad renewed
vows after 65 yrs I told dad he shoulda seen a lawyer an got a better deal the 2nd time around.
he asked,"What r u doing here anyway?

9301 - 9320 of 9346 Posts